Gluten-Free Oven Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gluten-Free Oven Use

And for the recipe, odd is a good word...

Comment

My sons has Celiac's. You just have to get used to separate EVERYTHING. But once you do, it'll be fine. We use a terracotta tray for the food we prepare for him in the oven.

Cheers,
      Mike

Comment

Thanks, BC! I forgot...

I like the terracotta tray idea. I'll have to keep that one in mind.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
        [/CENTER]

Comment

My neigbhor has celiac. She just brings her "special" pizza crust on a metal pan that we use in the oven. Not the same effect you get on the stone but she doesn't seem to mind.

Dick

Comment

My mum has the same problem and I really want to make a pizza for her but I don't have a recipe for the base. She is also a vegetarian so I don't think pork rind is the way to go and I was wondering if I could use a gluten free bread mix as a substitute for the flour in my pizza base dough. Has anybody tried this yet and do you think it will work?

Comment

It should work. Just make sure that none of the ingredients in the mix are repeated in the recipe - or will have the same effect as another ingredient. The yeast is going to be tricky - most mixes include it (I think). You'll have to adjust the recipe accordingly.

The mix I found looked fine - it did include xanthan gum and maple sugar though. Still, I think it would work but you might want one without the sugar to better match most dough recipes.

Gluten Free Bread Mix | Gluten Evolution
              Last edited by Archena; 09-01-2009, 06:02 AM.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
              [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
              X