Grossest foods you ever liked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grossest foods you ever liked?

Les, I guess we are not "cultured" enough...no amount of coaxing, bribery, or exquisite presentation would EVER get me to gnaw on nads. wrong, wrong, wrong. Drake, your a bigger man than I. Never could I get past the thought.
    I'm not a big chicken eater...so I guess for me I'm not missing much.......hey, thats my excuse - they taste like chicken? sorry, I don't like chicken. Thats my story...I'm sticking to it.

RT

Comment

Hey XJ, don't they serve up the testicals of the bulls killed in the bullfights in Spain?
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

An American touring Spain stopped at a local restaurant following a day of sightseeing. While sipping his sangria, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious looking platter being served at the next table. Not only did it look good, the smell was wonderful. He asked the waiter, "What is that you just served?"

The waiter replied, " Ah senor, you have excellent taste! Those are bulls testicles from the bull fight this morning. A delicacy!"

The American, though momentarily daunted, said, "What the hell, I'm on vacation! Bring me an order!"

The waiter replied, "I am so sorry senor. There is only one serving per day because there is only one bull fight each morning. If you come early tomorrow and place your order, we will be sure to save you this delicacy!"

The next morning, the American returned, placed his order, and then that evening he was served the one and only special delicacy of the day. After a few bites, and inspecting the contents of his platter, he called to the waiter and said, "These are delicious, but they are much, much smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday!"

The waiter shrugged his shoulders and replied, "Si senor. Sometimes the bull wins."

okay okay.....

I read they served them at the Colorado Rockies games....
        sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

I have not seen them at the rockies games...I ate them at a pretty bad steak house here. I was new to Colorado and figured that I should give them a try (I may have had a few drinks first). They were sliced (or pounded?) very very thin, breaded and deep fried...really could have been anything...I have never had them again.

I think I would literally try anything once...

Have any of you watched the Anthony Bordain show on travel channel, "No resevations". In one episode he is in Asia (Vietnam?) at a night market. A vendor is selling some horse or steer, um...member, in a stew. "Make you strong", the vendor says. Anthony says, "what the hell, give me 9 hot inches..." That guy cracks me up. Not your average travel/food show...

Drake
          My Oven Thread:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

HAHAHAHHAHAHA! Funny stuff Drake!

Ouch! Pounded testes? Huevos planos!
            GJBingham

-

Comment

Originally Posted by John Fahle
              Personally, I think Boboli for the dough. Top it with a little Ragu Genuine Italian Pizza Sauce, some Kraft American Cheese, and Oscar Meyer bologna slices (much cheaper than pepperoni, and you really can't taste the difference), and that's a pizza pie! Microwave on high for five minutes. Mangia!

Hi John............how do you feel about the concept of excommunication............

Comment

What, no velveeta? That's definitely a nasty recipe!
                GJBingham

-

Comment

There’s no accounting for taste. One mans junk is another’s mans treasure. Same go's for taste buds.

Comment

I'm surprised I haven't seen Marmite mentioned here - any comments from the land of Oz?
                    Rocky Mountain oysters - we call 'em Prairie oysters here.
                    I've tried lots of weird stuff but the most recent was 300-minute eggs; baked in the oven at 212C for 300 minutes (that's 5 hours! and I wanted to see if it might be something to throw in the WFO sometime), they are like a hard boiled egg, but the whites become a deep brown colour. Promoted as taking on a 'nutty' flavour, I found them just plain awful. They're served with something called Sephardic sauce (or farting sauce as the rest of the family gleefully dubbed it) - that's a mixture of garlic, anchovy, lemon juice and olive oil ('Oh, it just gets better & better' they said sarcastically) - which I actually did like, strong though it was ...
                    If, despite my testimonial, any of you are still intrigued enough to try these, do them in the WFO on a day the wind is blowing well away - my house stank for 5 hours and then some!

Comment

[QUOTE=sarah h;30344]I'm surprised I haven't seen Marmite mentioned here - any comments from the land of Oz?
                      QUOTE]

That's because it's not gross.....I love marmite (ok, the bride thinks it's gross)

I think in the land of Oz it's vegemite......"he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich"

Comment

Ah yes, but its "grossest food you ever ate and LIKED", isn't it?

Just goes to show that nobody (apart from Jim apparently - if he was being serious) actually likes marmite...
                        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Frances,

Marmite: great substitute for axle grease in a pinch. Tofu: great substitute for window glazing putty in a pinch.

Jim
                          "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Glad ya'll cleared up that Marmite's the same as vegamite 'cause I was just about to ask that. Got a jar of it right here that my daughter brought back last summer from her couple of weeks there on a student exchange program. Its not too bad...We're getting an Ozzie girl next month (second part of the student exchange) and actually thought about requesting another jar.
                            Paradise is where you make it.

Comment

Tofu....isn't that the same as bean turd?

Comment

Originally posted by sarah h View Post
                                ...300-minute eggs...
                                I saw those once about 25 years ago when I was invited to a party at a friend-of-a-friend's home. The husband was Sephardic and the wife was Tunisian. The meal was a very interesting mix of cultures. They served some kind of stew that had those eggs in it. Folks were literally fighting over the eggs. I never ate one bcause they were all gone before the pot got to me; in fact, I never really ate any of the stew because my friend kept telling me that there were sheep eyes in it. Even if that wasn't true, I was totally grossed out.

Comment

Working...
                                X