Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Park Oven Progress

Originally posted by fxpose View Post
    That's a very clean looking build so far.
    But I'm still concerned about how you're going to address the lack of insulation beneath the hearth.
    hi george... thanks for your concern
    the info i have picked up around here is great!!
    i know of 2 other WFO that are similar in design (no insulation under hearth) they have cooked pizzas in around 6 mins or less... delicious!
    one of them had a party feeding around 30 adults .. and he did not have any problems with heat loss and recommended burning good dry hardwood.

i will add insulation if it needs it at a later date.
    regards warren

Comment

Originally posted by Warren View Post
      Hi oz brickie...
      i have copied your design ...
      see attached pics ...
      thanks !
      Looks good, that should retain some of the heat.
      I also thought about making a fire proof plug for the top of the chimney but you will lose heat from the bricks anyway.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Comment

Looking very nice.

Comment

Very nice, has a clean sharp appearance. What kind of enclosure are you planning for the dome?

Comment

Yes indeed, very clean looking build!
              George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

thanks for nice comments
                will be having a corrugated iron roof....
                keeping it plain as possible then planting some shrubs on 3 sides...

Comment

then planting some shrubs on 3 sides...
                  Rosemary shrubs would be nice, especially when you cook some lamb...
                  The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Given the cost of steel framework, your block construction may be a good alternative to encapsulate the oven. A crisp rendition of a simple and appealing design....To say nothing of your serene and dream-like setting.

Thanks for sharing!

Lee B.
                    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

That is one beautiful oven, you have the perfect setting too. What kind of finish are you planning for the block?

Comment

thanks for nice comments
                        will be having a corrugated iron roof....
                        keeping it plain as possible then planting some shrubs on 3 sides...
                        With shrubs on three sides, you would be dancing with the snakes here along the Brazos River in Texas

I'm even concerned about the wood storage in my soon-to-be base. We kill poisonous snakes all over the property as it is, no future in offering subsidized housing for a wayfaring sac of poison

I'm hoping that a well manicured scene shown there in Austrailia may not be so full of snakes.
                        Lee B.
                        DFW area, Texas, USA

Comment

Originally posted by mn8tr View Post
                          That is one beautiful oven, you have the perfect setting too. What kind of finish are you planning for the block?
                          i will be rendering it same as bottom half.... dont intend to paint just let it get dirty and weather...

RE Snakes... yes we have them here. i will be reaching for timber to burn using a long handled tool of sorts but they are not a problem.
                          we have a tremendous number of roos and wallabies always around the place as you can see in the background in previous "Progress build" pics. they can be the problem as some of them chew the new shrubs we plant. but we do have 2 wallabies here that we feed almost daily when they come up to the back fence.

Comment

....snip.... but we do have 2 wallabies here that we feed almost daily when they come up to the back fence.
                            We noticed the strange (to us) creatures in your yard....Our snakes can be aggressive enough to come out to visit me without stirring the wood underneath the hearth. Can't allow that to happen when the grand kids are here
                            Lee B.
                            DFW area, Texas, USA

Comment

update more pics to come

Comment

Last edited by Warren; 12-25-2010, 10:17 PM. Reason: p

Comment

Working...
                                X