The build has begun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The build has begun!

This is my first attempt at building anything like this. I downloaded the plans for a 42" oven off the Forno Bravo web site and have been researching as much as possible to answer any of my questions. The forum has been a great source of reference. I will try to attach a photo of the foundation that was just poured the other day. The first of many.

Congratulations on your start!

Looks like you worked late that day

Seems a good start on an enjoyable project, godspeed
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: The build has begun!

Thanks, my wife bought a light so I can work in the evening. I'm really motivated to work on the oven since I've been planning this for over a year.

Comment

I've started building the block stand. It will be dry stacked with the cells filled in with concrete. Then it will be on to the hearth.

Comment

Good call with gluing the starter bars in rather than trying to pre set them which never works.
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Have fun, it's a lot of work but well worth the effort.

Comment

I wish I would have dry stacked my block and filled them in. Would have made things alot easier. Good call on that. Looking forward to following your build.

Comment

Here I have filled the cells with concrete and now I'm starting to make the form for the hearth.
                Last edited by brianventura; 02-18-2011, 09:26 AM.

Comment

The fun building the actual oven begins shortly. Looks like a busy weekend ahead.

Comment

Hi Brian,

Its looking good, I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Heidi
                    Forno Bravo

Comment

I was able to get squeeze a little more time to work on the stand because this weekend will be raining and I will not be able to be out there. There should be some clearing next week and I really want to work on it. I'm close to being able to pour the hearth. All what is needed now is the outside form boards and rebar. Another step closer.

Comment

Thanks Heidi,

I want to thank everyone there at Forno Bravo for the friendly service my wife and I received when we were there. It turned out to be a pleasant road trip. And now we have the Pompeii oven kit and just about everything I need it won't be long before I can start building the oven.

Thanks again,
                        Brian

Comment

Wow!
                          Amazing progress. Can't wait to see the done deal...probably next monday, or so!!!
                          Keep up the good work.
                          Where in Cal. are you? I'm in Sacramento.

dusty

Comment

Nice work so far Brian, now the fun begins, actually building the oven. If you are in So. Cal you probably rained out this weekend. Hate it when that happens.
                            Good luck,
                            Eric

Comment

I'm in Ventura. Well, I don't know if it will be this Monday. It is a good goal to try to meet. I would have had the forms ready but I ran out of time and now I will need to wait for the rain to stop so I can finish up and get the concrete in for the hearth.

Comment

Working...
                              X