Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The build has begun!

Ken,

Thank you, and yes I did think about filling with vermiculite in addition to the 3 inches of blanket insulation. Unfortunately I had to bring the roof lower so there wasn't any room above the dome to fill so I decided not to use it. I have found the blanket insulation that I'm using for my location holds the heat well.

Thanks again,
    Brian

Comment

Here is a photo of the roof so far. Next Saturday it should be finished.

Comment

Dang, Brian! That's a pretty roof! Where did you get the copper?
        John

Comment

John,
          Thanks, I'm having a guy that works with copper do the installation and he had the supplies for the roof. I know there is a store in Santa Barbara that sells copper and I think it is called Copper Supply.
          Once the roof is finished this Saturday I will begin the process of coating it so the copper color remains.

Comment

The roof is now complete.

Comment

Copper...! Very nice

Comment

Brian,

That looks MARVELOUS! What an awesome choice! Have you decide how you're going to do the walls?

Comment

ggoose,

Thanks, it took me some time to decide on the roof.

Kevin,

Thanks, I have not yet made a choice for the walls. I most likely will finish with a stone look.

Comment

Brian,

How are you? The oven is looking amazing so far. I can't wait to see it when you completely finished it.

Please tell your wife I said hello.

Heidi

Comment

Hi Heidi,

Thank you, the whole project is slowly progressing. Even though I have yet to finish (at some point in time) the oven is working great. My niece wanted to have a pizza party for her birthday which is the day after Christmas. So everyone came over and we had a build your own pizza birthday party. We all had a great time and the pizza was a hit.

Hope all is well with you,
                      Brian

Comment

From what I can see in the photos the project is coming along nicely.

The pizza looks very good.

All is well thank you for asking.

Thanks,
                        Heidi

Comment

Brian,

I am very impressed with your work. I sent you a PM with a few questions. Thanks for posting great photos along with a quality write-up.

Comment

sharptailhunter,

Thank you, I did get your PM and I hope you received my answers that I sent to you through PM.

Brian

Comment

Brian, First off!!! Wow. You do amazing work. Very detail oriented and clean. I have been contemplating trying to follow your footsteps. I would hope you could offer some help in answering a few questions. What was the approximate cost for just the hearth and dome materials? Am I better off in saving a lot of labor in return of buying a modular kit dome(Casa2G)? I am trying to weigh kit versus from scratch. The Pompei kit(Scratch Build) from Forno Bravo shipping costs to Connecticut far out weigh that of the Casa2G Series kit and shipping.

Thanks for your help!
                              Album https://plus.google.com/photos/10154...CKP9op6ilID7eA

Comment

Originally posted by flyfisherx View Post
                                I am trying to weigh kit versus from scratch. The Pompei kit(Scratch Build) from Forno Bravo shipping costs to Connecticut far out weigh that of the Casa2G Series kit and shipping.
                                Thanks for your help!
                                Brian, I too LOVE your roof! WOW WOW WOW ! That is definitely impressive!

flyfisherx, where in CT. do you live? I am in Southbury and I am just waiting for the warmer temps to finish the outside of the oven. I built a Pompei from scratch (no kit) and it works fantastic! Better than I could have ever hoped for, especially considering I never mixed mortar before in my life!

Good Luck to you both!
                                John
                                Build Thread:http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/i...ome-15521.html
                                Photos: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/brick-...67884/pic/list
                                Oven Blog: http://johns-brickoven.blogspot.com/...ven-folly.html

Comment

Working...
                                X