82cm Corner Underway in Bulgaria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 82cm Corner Underway in Bulgaria

Use a circle calculator to figure out the effective radius of a circle for the arc you want - and then use a piece of string to draw it. Look at the link. You know the "chord" and the "segment height". From that you can calculate the radius

Circle Calculator
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

SPOT ON !! Tex & DJ

Its easy when you know how isn't it? I'm just a thick Yorkshireman !! you know what they say. Yorkshire born Yorkshire bred, strong in't arm thick in't 'ed.

or Tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha canna tell him much.

Now armed with that dangerous thing we call knowledge I will be able to progress.... well when I've got some wood to do it with.

Thanks very much and many thanks for your spreadsheet DJ came in useful today.

Paul

Comment

A little late as there have been several posts in between, but the reason you want a board on the outside is to provide a positive stop for the reveal, yes mine got a little off andi wandered back slightly as I made my inner arch, not mor than 1/8 inch but it is noticeable. On the sealing of the door.

Your flue arch - outer arch should have a internal radius about 1 inch larger than the reveal at all points so you can have a door with 3/4 inch larger radius than the reveal and still roome to move the door in and out of the flue arch without hitting anything.
        Last edited by mrchipster; 08-21-2013, 12:51 PM.
        Chip

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshireknight View Post
          Faith in Virginia, little question for you, did you lay your bricks on there sides when you got higher up or from the start?

Faith, you must be a glutton for punishment if your embarking on another oven project!!!

Thanks to all who have been of great assistance over the last few days.....................don't go away !!!
          Yes the first row is the soldier brick row all other rows were on their side.

No I'm looking forward to my twins. Thinking of two 6'x8' ish bread ovens side by side.

Psss... to Russell, Faith is my real first name and it does say female on my drivers license. ;-)

Comment

Good Look with the twins Faith, are you going into mass production of bread? Give Hovis a run for their money.

Ps So they still issue driving licences to females in Virginia ? Only Joking Faith, honest!! lol

Comment

Thanks Chip I see where your coming from with your drawing as someone said a picture paints a thousand words, will bear it in mind.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
                Yes the first row is the soldier brick row all other rows were on their side.

No I'm looking forward to my twins. Thinking of two 6'x8' ish bread ovens side by side.

Psss... to Russell, Faith is my real first name and it does say female on my drivers license. ;-)
                I thought you were giving away your bread at this time. Are you thinking of going commercial?
                Chip

Comment

Giving it some serious thought. First I need to learn the financial aspects of a bakery. I know I can't make the mortgage on bread alone. So before I make that jump I need to know that I can support myself with a start up business. Still working out the details.

Comment

Have you read Chad Robertsons book?
                    Chip

Comment

No not in my library yet. Something particular I should be reading?

Comment

Faith I'm sure you will do very well, yes its a big step but everyone in the bread business makes plenty of Dough !! lol
                        Good Luck
                        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshireknight View Post
                          Faith I'm sure you will do very well, yes its a big step but everyone in the bread business makes plenty of Dough !! lol
                          Good Luck
                          Paul
                          Shove a sock in it Paul, you are not even funny.
                          Faith is asking a serious question here.
                          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
                            Giving it some serious thought. First I need to learn the financial aspects of a bakery. I know I can't make the mortgage on bread alone. So before I make that jump I need to know that I can support myself with a start up business. Still working out the details.
                            We went down the road of perusing what we thought would combine our hobby/interests into an income stream, we were/are good at the intended business.
                            We lost a sheet load of money and now have to work harder to make up for the lost money.

The grass is not always greener on the other side, plus, once bitten/taken/used, the once delightful time consuming hobby takes on a very bitter taste indeed.
                            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Dear Faith,

If I offended you with my flippant light hearted, well intentioned remark, then I humbly apologise, however, I do reiterate my statement, that it is a big step to consider and I still wish you well in your consideration and still wish you Good Luck.

Paul

Comment

I agree, outstanding stonework in the background.

Comment

Working...
                                X