It is begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It is begun

Yes, for the inner arch with firebrick, the standard is for joints no thicker than 1/8", so you pretty much have to cut pies.

Comment

I finished the smoke chamber and set the flue pipe tonight, tomorrow I hope to get that area insulated with perl-crete before the Valentines Day madness sets in.

Comment

I was only able to get it washed down and build a small fire today. It is smokeless out of the front, but I think I will add another foot of stack.

Comment

Yes, good move. When I aded a double length flue there was definitely a better draw and less smoke, particularly when starting the fire.
          / Rossco

Comment

I burned a curing fire from 8:00 AM till now, ramping it up slowly to a max of 700 in the vault to 540 on the sides and rear and a little over 500 on the floor. It still has zero insulation, so it did not hold it long, but I managed to slide in 4 pizzas. It was barely hot enough, but they at least allowed me to test technique (note to self: get a better ash brush) and eat some pies.

Comment

Voila we have a pie! Congrats T!!!!!!!!

Comment

That's great Tscar. Congratulations!

WFO Webpage: http://keithwiley.com/brickPizzaOven.shtml
                Thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ttle-7878.html

Comment

Hey T, I really like those black brick, very cool detail. Congradulations on your first pies!
                  Note to self- road trip, Austin, good weather now, free pizza for the next six weekends in a row.
                  John

Comment

I finally got a spare hour to get the perl-crete on to make my brick ledge for the chimney. Hopefully I can get that done this weekend in spite of an out of town soccer tournament (The perl-crete is white because I used a sample bag of white masonry).

Comment

Lovely weather today, I was able to top out the face, place the entry, and start the chimney. How do you like that dodgy formwork?

Comment

Yesterday I was able to top out the chimney, though not cap it, today was framing day, I had to bring in the Minnesota boys to butcher wood for me. We got the framing, soffit, fascia, and drip edge done, just need to lay in the (donated) standing seam roof, stucco the places where there is currently plastic and fill with perlite.

And of course they predicted 80% rain tonight, so we had to button it up tight.

I'm tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
                          And of course they predicted 80% rain tonight, so we had to button it up tight.
                          ... well at least you know it definitely won't rain tonight now you've gone to all that trouble!
                          -------------------------------------------
                          My 2nd Build:
                          Is here

Comment

That is looking very cool! I like the "wave effect" you got going on with the brick. Very unique.

Les...
                            Check out my pictures here:
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

As an aside, I have 0 of the red brick left (I had to use two bricks from my collection, a Whittlesly and an Abilene Red) and only 6 of the worst culls of the black brick, although I incorporated about 10 similar Endicotts into the black sections. All those brick have been in my yard for at least 5 years, creatively stored as dry stack tables, walls, and sculptures. All I have left is around 300 Mexican brick with their faces sawed off stacked as a screen for the aerobic system.

Comment

It will certainly rain tonight because I also washed my truck this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X