X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTflorida
    replied
    Re: New Membership Levels

Congrats Jay, I usually don't pay much attention to the number of posts. I would have guessed you and Dutch would both be higher. I guess it is the quality of your posts and not the quantity that makes it seem so.
    I have yet to take James up on his freebie offers. I could use the goodies, but it just doesn't seem right to me, he created and maintains this great site, guess I don't expect anything more, and for whatever reason it doesn't feel right. (Please don't think I have an ego problem, actually I feel the opposite is true - there are many, many members who have contributed far more in fewer posts and are actually deserving of far more than I am).
    Anyway, glad yet another oldie but goodie has been brought back to life.....alot of new folks here who may not know of the incentives or the various levels.

RT

Leave a comment:

• Dutchoven
    replied

Congratulations Jay!
    Pizza roundup? Where can I find more info?
    Best
    Dutch

Leave a comment:

• texassourdough
    replied

Thanks, James!

This is a great group and I am pleased to be a member. I am still hoping to work out coming to the Pizza Roundup in Feb!
    Jay

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Way to go Jay! You get a new title and a pizza cutter. You can't beat that. :-)
    James

Leave a comment:

• texassourdough
    replied

Hi Mark!

Thanks for bringing this back to life! I knew the level triggers but I didn't associate them with freebies! I wouldn't mind having a pizza cutter with a removable, sharpenable blade! That sounds cool!

And magically, this is my 500th posting!

Thanks!
    Jay

Leave a comment:

• ThisOldGarageNJ
    replied

I skipped on the pizza cutter,,, My gandmother and mother (both born in italy) always cut their pizza's with a kitchen scissor, to this day thats what we still use... It works great and I still have all (well most) of my fingers
    But I am expecting my flower and looking very forward to it.... Thanks James

Cheers
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• havefun
    replied

Originally posted by RTflorida View Post
    Agreed, I have always walked lightly when entering any forum or blog site. I have a tendency to "tell it like it is" in real life, and would certainly be driven away. I know what I've seen elsewhere has effected my participation here, and thats a shame (an a problem for me, which I hope to overcome). To this point, this is the finest forum I've ever read, with none of the chest out, inflated head, "I am the only "expert", attitudes seen so much of the time. To me, things are comfortable here. With that, and my new experiences with oven building and pizza making, my participation will certainly increase without fear of being "flamed" as you mention. This is a unique forum, I hope it does not change, simply for the sake of change.
    Thanks again to everyone who've made this what it is.
    as a newbie in here i find it interesting reading aout people's experiences n advice when i needed one i also belong to tnt audio addicts entirely devoted on Hi Fi tun by a Brilliant bloke Lucio No moderators dictating to us what we write n a very knowelagable n helpful Austian guy HM what i really love about tnt we have more than 3000 members from all over the world n its always friendly n outside politics only the occasional flames its just so nice to see people getting well together n it seems to me this forum here its similar too so am very happy am a member here too thx guys

Leave a comment:

• Archena
    replied

I have two more moves - one in two months - within the next year. I have enough 'too big for me to move alone' stuff as it is spread over two different counties.

But the day I get my own property...

Oh, yeah, time to email James....

Leave a comment:

• nissanneill
    replied

Archena,
    Well excuses and procrastination ain't going to get one or get it done either.
    Get a little one on wheels. It will be better than nothing!
    A little oven is better than no oven!!!
    Who knows if you keep it fed and watered, it might grow into a big one in your new house.
    Anyway, what sort of resale value would a modular used oven have?

Cheers.

Neill

Leave a comment:

• Archena
    replied

Man, I wish....

Leave a comment:

• nissanneill
    replied

Hey Archena,
    have you built your oven secretively just so you can use your impending flour gift in a 'wood fired oven'?

Neill

Leave a comment:

• Archena
    replied

The one drawback to this plan seems to be that the talkitive yet not necessarily the most informative folks can make the same claim that actually useful folks can...

Nevertheless, and my inate uselessness notwithstanding, you may expect an email soon, James...

(You think I'm passing up free flour?!?! Nothing doing!)

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by thebadger View Post
    James

Just curious...

When we hit a certain level do we need to contact you or is the process automatic???

I finally hit "Journeyman" - just in the nick of time as I'll need to be cutting pizzas soon

Let me know.

Thanks
    Dick
    Best to send an email to forno bravo and let em know.

I'm sure they will send it right out.

I never claimed a prize for posting. I won once for BOTM and once for 10,000 post.
    Maybe I'm still eligible for a T-shirt.
    I love T-Shirts....

James?
    Last edited by asudavew; 06-23-2008, 08:08 PM. Reason: fun

Leave a comment:

• thebadger
    replied

James

Just curious...

When we hit a certain level do we need to contact you or is the process automatic???

I finally hit "Journeyman" - just in the nick of time as I'll need to be cutting pizzas soon

Let me know.

Thanks
    Dick

Leave a comment:

• SpringJim
    replied

- 250 postings, Journeyman. You win a Forno Bravo pizza cutter from the Forno Bravo Store. It's a nice one with a removable blade that you can sharpen and replace, and you have to say something nice about it in the forum.
    - 500 postings, Master Builder. You win a 5-pack of Caputo pizza flour.
    - 1,000 postings, Pizzaiolo. You win a Caputo T-shirt.

Hey, I'll take any free stuff you want to hand out!

XJ (999) SJ (???) ....growing every day and still lovin' it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X