No announcement yet.

Starting Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I email photos to myself which reduces their size, then you can post them.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working on the oven again dome complete outer arch bricks cut what I need to figure out what size vent opening I need for a 6" pipe right now I have 4 3/4 width length in the works. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

calc the area if the ID of the chimney then the "minimum" rectangle opening need to be at "least" the same square inches.
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Michael Harrington , I remember you saying something like math was not your strong suit. A 6" pipe has an cross sectional area of a little over 28 square inches (28.27433). You can get the minimum width of your vent by dividing that number by the depth you already have (4.75"). That operation will give you a width of 5.95", which I'd call 6 for simplicity. Six inches would be the minimum.
          Last edited by JRPizza; 06-24-2023, 08:24 PM.
          My build thread
          https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

I forgot you were doing a serpentine arch. This is a good time to lay some bricks on their sides and see if you have enough room to transition to a minimum of 6" at the top. Remember you will end up with a rectangular opening (4.75 by 6+) and you will have to transition that to a square for your mounting plate. If you don't have a plate yet you need to stop and order one, and find out what the dimensions are.
            Last edited by JRPizza; 06-24-2023, 08:25 PM.
            My build thread

Comment

The combination of brick unit shape, gravity and thermal expansion/ contraction cycling introduces a very vulnerable weakness where the curve changes direction. Obviously not as pronounced as the drawing attached, but the same principle applies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0600.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	454137
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4330.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	454139 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4331.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	454140 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4329.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	454141 ​ ​​​​​​​This morning I worked with the bricks and played with the bricks for the serpentine arch and I come up with four and three-quarter inches wide by seven and 3/4 the mounting plate I do not have yet but that is 9.8 inches if 4 3/4 wide isn’t enough. I can make it wider under the mounting plate by cutting off quarter inch or whatever I need to make wide enough under the plate. Do you think this will work? Thank you and I appreciate everybody’s help.

Comment

The 4.75 should be deep enough to feed your pipe with the 7.75 width. When the serpentine bricks are mortared in place it should look something like post #193 in my build thread. I added a side view below for clarity. The next step is to put a front and back on the bricks to frame in the opening, which I show in post #194, using 4 identical bricks that I cut a radius on so they would sit on the arch. After I mortared those in I added a few rows to get a good height and was able to install my adapter plate. I chose to do some through bolts but some have used masonry anchors or just a bunch of mortar. I thought I might get some side loads from my pipe being long and going through a roof so I went with the bolts.
                  My build thread

Comment

I finished and insulated my oven. I want to seal the outside of the outer arch to making it easier to keep clean don’t know what kind of brick sealant Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4368.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	455165 to use just on the outer part of the arch

Comment

Working...
                    X