Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aussie Readers

Hey guys,

I agree that a section on finding building materials on a geographic basis would be really useful. I can add a Sticky posting in the Getting Started category called Finding Materials. I could "un-stick" one of the older postings to keep things from getting cluttered.

Or, I could create a new Category called Find Materials, which would be listed after Getting Started. The Forum would get longer that way -- which might not be a bad thing.

What does everyone think? Keep in mind the FB wants to supply everyone with everything, everywhere in the world. :-)
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James,
      I feel that it would be extremely beneficial to post supplies in countries especially where FB is not represented, or even in those places.
      It would be nice to have a Category for "Finding Materials" and a thread for eg. the UK, Australia, NZ etc where people can post suppliers ans even get those suppliers on board, such as Johhny the oven man.
      Many new members could then chase up their own materials without a lot of repetition.
      Just my feelings!

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Hi James,
        I think a new section "local suppliers" used for items where costs of shipping would make more sense to buy locally.... I would suggest each actual post to be approved by you, to insure that it does not conflict with your items.... You have been overly generous with this site and forum, you also need to make a living and Im sure no one here denies you that...
        Just my opinion.... Maybe some of our members could even recommend to their local suppliers to add you on as a rep, and you could advertise their products on your store,, you could offer them a TON of worldwide advertising and coverage at almost no cost,,,,
        Mark
        Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 11-19-2009, 05:20 AM.

Comment

James, one of the things I appreciate about this forum is the open exchange of information -- even when it appears to conflict with the financial success of Forno Bravo. I like that this is a one stop site. There is really no need to go anywhere else. So I would urge you to continue to allow (or even encourage) postings for refractory and insulation materials, as well as oven tools. Many of us try to support Forno Bravo when we can afford it, so the site will bring financial benefits to Forno Bravo even as it points people to local sources that might be less expensive.

I also like the idea of a category for finding materials. Even here in the United States I spent a lot of time on line and on the phone looking for things. Learning from what others did would be helpful, and I'm not really good at finding things using the search function without having to wade through a lot of posts that aren't what I am looking for (even though I generally learn something I don't know enough to know I didn't know).
          Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

My name is on a few other post's but might as well put it up again. Can supply all your WFO materials out of our new shop in Melbourne. email me on: john@refractorysupplies.com.au and will give you some prices.
            Cheers
            John

Comment

Hi
              Another Aussie here in Sydney , just posted some pic's of our new outdoor BBQ area .
              As you can see still very much in the construction phase.
              Blocks are Hebel and I am making the countertops from laminated 3x2 Hardwood . Gas BBQ will be placed in the large opening with the corner reserved for a Double brick Pizza/Bread Oven . the counter to the right will have a marbel prep area

Picasa Web Albums - grunt44 - Outdoor BBQ Area

Comment

Hi all

Have been looking at building a pizza oven for our new house in the hills but am stuck on a design. I am a chef by trade and am setting up a little hobby farm to live off. I am looking for a design that would fit a 2.2m x 2.4m foundation. Would also like to chat to anyone in Adelaide who has gone through this process before and who might have a few tips

Glad to be a part of this forum and can't wait to start building an oven!!
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...-my-build.html

Comment

Hi all,

Have been wanting to build an oven for a while now and finally have the space to do it!
                  I am looking at building a big wfo to fill a slab 2.2m * 2.4m but am stuck on a design. Would love some help especially from locals in Adelaide who know where to get material and such. I live just outside of Willunga and have started a small hobby farm to live of the fat of the land!! Being a chef by trade I am looking to realy get the most out of the oven. Any help would be great!
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...-my-build.html

Comment

You can add another here, from Brisbane, though I was lurking when living in Perth

I am about to start, I have decided on 42" Pompeii, never laid a brick before or concrete so could be on a steep learning curve, need to find a cheap brick cutter too.

I have talked about this enough to get my father-in-law interested in building one as well
                    Last edited by Zippa92; 02-16-2010, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Hello Zippa92
                      Just finished my oven. Am planning to sell the brick saw I bought for the project, but not sure if it's what you are looking for. I'll probably stick it on ebay soon. I'll let you know if you are interested. I could probably throw in a bag and a half of fireclay and a few surplus firebricks.
                      Glen

Comment

Hi Athan and welcome to the forum.
                        Why not visit Russell Jeavons pizza restaurant in the main street of Willunga (next door to Bank SA), he has written a good book on building and baking in your brick oven, has 2 in his establishment and built numerous others. He is only open on Fri thru Sunday but also runs cooking/baking courses from there.
                        I have put up a thread on his restaurant:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f27/...alia-1930.html

There are also around 27 other forum members here in Adelaide, so you won't go unattended with your questions.

Cheers.

Neill
                        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
                        Neill’s kitchen underway
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Yes,
                          I could be interested, especially if I can get the father-in-law to pay half
                          It would be better than buying new and hiring one will probably cost as much as buying a new one as well.

I have a few things to do in the back yard first, mainly getting a bobcat in to drop the level of the area I want put it by about 30 cms.

Might also have to look for a 2nd hand mixer as well.

Mike

Comment

hello all,andrew from melb...just a quick one, has anyone from aus considered the FORNO BRAVO CASA 2G??????im seriously looking into the 2G100 as soon i can find someone to build me the base..

Comment

hello all, andrew from melb....has anyone bought or considered buying the forno bravo casa 2G100???????
                              any info would be greatly appreciated from newb..

Comment

has anyone bought the f/b casa 2g100?,,,oh and hi from melb

Comment

Working...
                                X