Mobile Oven in Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mobile Oven in Action

Do you have pictures of you outdoor set up? I am trying to do an outdoor pizza cart that meets health inspections here in Maine. Please share any ideas....

Comment

I have a regular gig at a winery in Dallas called Times Ten Cellars - we do pizzas every Wed night there now. We did just over 100 pizzas in 3 hours on a Wed night...so pretty good. I will take pics of the set up and get them posted. The challenge with Health Depts is that they don't know what to make of the mobile ovens. Typically they won't give you an "annual permit" like a catering truck, but you can easily get "temporary food establishment permits". The biggest issues are: handwash station (can be a bucket and a cooler with a spigot), 3 compartment sink (3 buckets - wash, rinse, sanitize), and refrigeration (telehort's genius idea of the Silver King Prep Rail). That all seems to work with temp permits. They also seem to frown on coolers being used as storage. Keep in mind this is all at public venues where you are selling direct to the public. If you cater private events at private homes to invited guests, its more of a free for all.

Comment

Billi - I agree with Jay about the
        "The biggest issues are: handwash station (can be a bucket and a cooler with a spigot), 3 compartment sink (3 buckets - wash, rinse, sanitize), and refrigeration"
        I can tell you in our area we also need our prep area to be screened in. My 10x10 pop up has sidewalls all around with a small pass through flap that the pizzas get passed out so I can put them in the oven and then I have to pass them back in so they can be sold out the front of the 10x10. It is a bit weird, but one of those things the county wants. For us, coolers are ok for storage.

Comment

Some good coverage of the mobile oven in Dallas...starting to pick up some momentum!

D Magazine : Il Cane Rosso Puts Pizza on Wheels

5 inexpensive ways to make food and wine the focus of the party | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Cooking tips | Food | Dallas Morning News

Plus a pic of a couple of pies from last night...

Comment

Congratulations on the great press Jay. You definitely have earned it!

Those are very, very nice looking pizzas. Excellent.
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

That's great Jay! Congrats

Comment

Video from NBC in Dallas tonight:

Mobile Pizza Oven | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

Comment

Pictures from an event this Memorial Day Weekend

Cane Rosso Memorial Day - a set on Flickr

Comment

Very Nice! Great pictures.

Comment

very nice!!
                      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
                      like chicken...

My 44" oven in progress...

Comment

great pictures Jay

Comment

Hey Jay. What's the cost on one of those mobile ovens?

Comment

they range all over the place - give joseph a call or email at portablebrickpizzaoven.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I just got the "Late Spring 2009" Pdf. You are right. All over the place.

Comment

PizzaPolice If you have any questions, feel free to get with me if you want I have started helping Joseph regarding the ovens.

Comment

Working...
                                X