Re: Chimney Size and Design
I would guess that for sure additional rise on the chimney would increase its draw once it heats up. I had to add an additional length of chimney tile to my oven and the draft up the chimney increased beautifully. No more smoke in the face or out the opening. Up and out would do it. Good luck.
Bill
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Chimney Size and Design
Collapse
X
-
Chimney Size and Design
This my first post at this Forum although I used it a lot during my oven building adventure. I want to thank you all for the plans, the great information and help that this forum gave me. I used the Pompeii Plans and built a 36" oven. I followed the plans carefully with the exception of the flue size. I live in the tropical highlands of Chiriqui, Panama and do not have easy access to many of things that you can easily buy at a HomeDepot. I cannot buy stove pipe here. I had some extra 5" Simpson Dura that I brought down in 2006 for another project so I decided to use the bird in hand. I only had enough for about 30 inches of chimney. I figured this would be too short. The rectangular flu opening from the entry is 2.5" x 22". I cast a concrete transition to the pipe. The oven works great but sends a lot of smoke out the entry especially with heavy firing. I positioned the stove on our patio so I can run the stove pipe up through the ceiling and out the roof. I have ordered 8 more feet of pipe and will try this extension as it will be the easiest fix. What do you think? Will this work? The worst case scenario is that it doesn't and I will have to rebuild the chimney section. You highly experienced guys, please take a look at the photos at this link and let me know what you think and recommend: Wood Fired Oven Chimney
Best, LloydLast edited by lcripe; 03-10-2010, 12:01 PM.





Leave a comment: