X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lwood
    replied
    Re: Oven number two..

A few more brickie. Are you still building an elliptical shaped oven?

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Ive had more time to play.
    This after 5 hours.

I think I need more stone...

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

The rain came over night so I was able to complete the stone cutting today.
    Im all set to get a start on building it tomorrow..

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Its been a while since any update, life has got in the way of me playing unfortunately.

Im still cutting the stone for the oven outer shell and have almost enough cut.
    Id like to make sure I have enough stone cut before I start just in case I have to blend the stone so as to not end up with different colour patches.

I set this weekend aside to cut more but they are predicting serious rain from a left over cyclone that is drifting in from Western Australia.

Next Saturday is out as Ive got a 3 hour date with a Dentist for some cosmetic work.

I hate it when life gets in the way of play time......

Leave a comment:

• lwood
    replied

Am thinking about my next oven also... How does the elliptical oven shape work for you? Would have thought the ellipse would have been the other direction. Also, nice roisterer. Been looking at =>HomePage : BrikiWiki the home of online brickwork.

Leave a comment:

• gvzepp
    replied

Hmm.. you never herd of a pool party??

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Im pretty sure you cant light them on a total fire ban day, who would want to anyway as Im sure it would be just too hot outside.

Leave a comment:

• gvzepp
    replied

Hi Brickie,

Like the way this second oven is heading, I would like to have another go one day myself, I think we all would do things abit different given a second chance.

I was hoping you might be able to tell me if we Victorians are allowed to lite up our ovens on a total fire ban day?? I see your from the Kinglake area & I thought you might know given the bushfires you guys went through acouple of years back. I'm just down the road (150km) @ Shepparton.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Yep, sawn all sides, itll take a while to cut, its probably as hard as a well fired brick.

I shouldnt have taken the old oven down yet as I miss the meals we used to do in it.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Sawn all sides. That is a nice look, and I like that stone, although it looks hard as hell.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

I did some more cutting today of the rock and here is a preview of what it might look like.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

This may take a while.

Here are some stone blocks I cut this arvo, I have to cut at least 1M3 to do the base and a bit of the oven enclosure.
    All blocks are cut in fractions of 1 brick course at, 1/2 course, 1 course, 1 1/2 courses, 2 courses etc etc.
    Last edited by brickie in oz; 02-01-2011, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Moley
    replied

We breed 'em tough in Oz, I'm 52. Keep up the great posts you blokes.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Finally!! the bricksaw I bought off epay has arrived so I can make a start on cutting the stone..

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Rough set out with brick quoins (corners) and stone infill.

The old oven base will just act as fill for the new one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X