Pacific Clay Brick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Clay Brick

I received this letter from a brick manufacturer. Could I use this for either the floor or the dome?

----------------------------
    Please accept this Letter of Certification verifying that Pacific Clay Brick Products ?Fire Brick? (4-1/2? x 2-1/2? x 9? or 4-1/2? x 1-1/4? x 9?) will withstand temperatures of 2300  F. with an Alumina (Al203) content of 21% and a Silica (Si02) content of 70%.

This brick is not refractory brick and will not meet the ASTM specification for refractory brick. Pacific Clay is in conformance with ASTM C 1261-10 (Standard Specification for Firebox Brick for Residential Fireplaces)

Sincerely,

Pacific Clay Brick Products

Pacific Clay | Brick | Pavers | Bullnose
    (951) 674-2131 FAX (951) 674-6383
    14741 Lake St., Lake Elsinore, CA 92530

Re: Pacific Clay Brick

That's what I think would be referred to as "low-duty" firebrick, which should work just fine for the floor and the dome. I think plenty of builders have used it.
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

thanks. I have read all the threads related to the brick, but just wanted to be sure before I make the purchase. Kinda critical component, you know?

Comment

It says they meet the ASTM standard for residential fireplace brick, thats good enough. Fireplace bricks work perfectly fine (speaking from experience). It would be nice if they had a slightly higher alumina content (mid 20s), but you won't know the difference.
        If they are readily available and inexpensive there is no reason not to use them.

RT

Comment

Working...
        X