Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Work of Love and Passion... Miami FL

Hello

You may consider some supports under the center of the form. It looks like it is a wide span.
    2 x 4 flat with 2 x 4 supports front middle and back should be enough, with wedges.
    Better too much support.

Good luck with the pour. Have some cold ones ready for when it is done.

David

Comment

Originally posted by DavidApp View Post
      Hello

You may consider some supports under the center of the form. It looks like it is a wide span.
      2 x 4 flat with 2 x 4 supports front middle and back should be enough, with wedges.
      Better too much support.

Good luck with the pour. Have some cold ones ready for when it is done.

David
      Thanks David, I actually have them, see pictures below, this is what you mean? These are pictures looking from the floor up to the top on side, middle and other side. Thanks for your advice on everything. About the Cold ones, you bet! I actually have 2 cases for me and my friends ready to celebrate!
      Best Regards...
      Gugahulk!

My Build...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/w...-fl-21793.html

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
      Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.
      STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND DO IT!

Comment

Those (I'm guessing 24" to 30"" spans on either side of your brick stand will bow under the weight of wet concrete.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
          Those (I'm guessing 24" to 30"" spans on either side of your brick stand will bow under the weight of wet concrete.
          I think if you screw 2x4 pieces from above thru the ply and have the 2x4 pieces below at the locations in photo you will be good to go.

Sorry about the bad markup, I hope you see what I was going for.
          Chip

Comment

I actually stood on top of the form yesterday and jumped on it. I weight 215lbs and all ok. So I am hopping it will survive the concrete murder pour!
            Best Regards...
            Gugahulk!

My Build...

Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
              I think if you screw 2x4 pieces from above thru the ply and have the 2x4 pieces below at the locations in photo you will be good to go.

Sorry about the bad markup, I hope you see what I was going for.
              Chip, actually that looks alot larger than it is on the live. I guess the light shinning tru makes it look like a huge gap. But your idea is a good, one. I have no more 2x4 and I would have to remove it all do to this. I don't think I will be able to so it. and I am hoping it will survive the pour. That thing is solid.
              Best Regards...
              Gugahulk!

My Build...

Comment

Originally posted by gugahulk View Post
                I actually stood on top of the form yesterday and jumped on it. I weight 215lbs and all ok. So I am hopping it will survive the concrete murder pour!
                Sorry to alarm! I thought you were asking for advice. Good luck with the pour.
                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Sorry to alarm! I thought you were asking for advice. Good luck with the pour.
                  Its all good buddy, thanks for the input. I appriciate it and if I had more 2x4 i would put it. But as you know $$$ is always an issue.
                  Best Regards...
                  Gugahulk!

My Build...

Comment

Guys I got a big problem! Need advice, I have not choice but to put the concrete on the rain today! Any advice, I can not postpone it! It must be done. Any help will be great.
                    Best Regards...
                    Gugahulk!

My Build...

Comment

Get a fairly good sized tarp. String something similar to a close line over the middle of your pour. The tarp in place over the hearth (like a pup tent) will give your pour some protection while your placing the concrete.

I hope this helps

Comment

Job done. So happy it worked all out. Thanks for all the support. No rain thank God!
                        Last edited by gugahulk; 06-05-2015, 06:44 AM.
                        Best Regards...
                        Gugahulk!

My Build...

Comment

Nicely done, now cover it up to let it cure, and sit back for a week or so and contemplate, brick cutting, mortaring, and pizza.
                          Chip

Comment

Nicely done, now cover it up to let it cure, and sit back for a week or so and contemplate, brick cutting, mortaring, and pizza.
                            Thanks Chip, Man I have to wait a week? What would be the minimum time? Believe it or not I was thinking about taking the forms out tonight, I thought 24hrs is plenty. But I will follow your advices. My previous projects had support on the floor that said there so the only worries was the sides and 24hrs was plenty for them to stay put. But this is my first time doing one with zero support and it will be "footing" on the sides. So not sure what to expect. Advices would be great.
                            Best Regards...
                            Gugahulk!

My Build...

Comment

,Do not pull your forms tonight!!!

For things to do in the next week before the forms come off read this post and other posts by "Brickie in oz"

One of the best barrel ovens out there and fantastic looking stone work. His design does not include a reveal for the door, he uses a flue damper, this is the only thing I would change is the door design. But he has his reasons for the way he built it and it seems to work well.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f44/...two-15241.html
                              Last edited by mrchipster; 06-05-2015, 08:52 AM.
                              Chip

Comment

,Do not pull your forms tonight!!!

For things to do in the next week before the forms come off read this post and other posts by "Brickie in oz"

One of the best barrel ovens out there and fantastic looking stone work. His design does not include a reveal for the door, he uses a flue damper, this is the only thing I would change is the door design. But he has his reasons for the way he built it and it seems to work well.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f44/...two-15241.html
                                Thanks Chip, I will for sure!
                                Best Regards...
                                Gugahulk!

My Build...

**************************************************

Comment

Working...
                                X