Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening of WFO measurements?

Hey Builders!

I have not found actual measurements of the arch opening and angled actual opening.

I am guessing the the inner arch is 18.5" and the outer arch is 21.5"-22.5" based on looking at photos. This would create a wider opening for cooking but still have the narrow opening for heat.

is there a post or info on these measurements?

Thanks to all.

I suggest you download the free eplans from our host Forno Bravo, This info is in the plans and is based on the size and type of oven.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

UtahBeaver:

I just was able to download the plans! Thanks!
      The plans are as good as the forum and site, in general.

Thanks, again.

Comment

The plans are a good baseline but somewhat dated and there have been many improvements developed by the members. It will give you a good start for design and layout and the members can fill in the gaps/
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I just read through the Pompeii Plans download, twice. I am glad the most of the early platform I accomplished correctly. thanks to advice here.

I still have the same question, though.

At the door opening there are flairs on some projects. It looks like a flair for access. Maybe 21" flaring out to 24-25" over a distance of 12" deep.

Any idea if there are drawings of the flared entrance to use? I am concerned about the brickwork with the flared entrance and the angles.

Thanks, all.

Comment

G'day Travelinman,
            I'm not 100% but I think the flare you refer to is in the "length" of the vent or opening? If this is correct the flare as far as I know is to allow for a door to be fitted against a reveal so as to keep the heat in. I've just completed my entry and I didn't do a flare, I have a reveal around 30mm which will allow a door to be installed.
            Regards
            Greg
            Adelaide, Australia.

Comment

Thanks, Greg!

Comment

Working...
              X