Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first WFO design, any comments before I build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, give it a try, but filling cracks is rarely successful. Generally once they’re there then thy are there to stay.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• david s I think I'l let the cracks inside the dome for what they are. They don't bother me..

The crack on the front that was caused by the expanding and contracting flue pipe is something I would like to fix though. I was thinking about drilling a space around the flue pipe entry in the opening of the oven and fill it with heat-resistant sealant. Is this how you would go about doing it?

Comment

• You could make a few expansion cuts with a mini grinder inside the chimney pipe or even better remove that pipe and fit a 150mm pipe on top of the opening.
        That Vitcas silicone is ok in none flame path locations, it is not a hard setting silicone but is a good product for sealing certain components.

Comment

• Update 3 years later..

So I didn't do much to my oven in the last years. I used it a couple of times but it was quite a lot of work getting it on temperature en not smoking out the whol neigbourhood..

This year I decided I wanted to finish my oven:
          1. Remove the chimney from the cast
          2. Reattach it on top of the cast
          3. Put on render so I can paint the oven
          4. Add reinforcement to the wooden stand under the oven
          So I'm almost done with point 1 and 3.

I removed the flue:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20240424-WA0021.jpg Views:	0 Size:	313.8 KB ID:	458443

Made a cast for the flue. Its a bit more narrow than the flue itself. I will grind it down once the new flue is on top:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20240424-WA0014.jpg Views:	0 Size:	493.0 KB ID:	458442 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20240424-WA0018.jpg Views:	0 Size:	465.8 KB ID:	458444

I put render on the dome of the oven. It turned out a bit rough. But I will sand it down and fill some of the rough patches:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20240424-WA0016.jpg Views:	0 Size:	615.9 KB ID:	458441 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20240424-WA0015.jpg Views:	0 Size:	696.8 KB ID:	458440

david s

fox

I have a question. I just went for filling up the flue gallery (right term?), like you see in the picture. Now I didnt really think this out on how I put the new flue on top and make a joint. Would you have any recommendations?

I can't put it on top and just use a heat resistent adhesive kit. That wouldn't be strong enough..

I though about making a cast on top, just a bit wider then the flue. Then put it in and fill it up with heat resistant kit.

Advice would be much appreciated!

Best,

Mark
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mark1986; Yesterday, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X