questions about existing oven...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about existing oven...

Hi everyone, just found out about this forum!

I moved into a house that already has a pizza oven, i know nothing about them and i have a couple of questions i hope someone here can help with:

- inside at the bottom there are two metal (rusty) slabs laying on top of the bricks... what's the function of these slabs? can i just remove them?

- the oven does have a "chimney" in the middle (not sure about the word), at the back tho there is a missing brick, not sure if it was done for ventilation or if it "fell out" at some point .. can i close that space inside with a brick to keep the heat in?

- do you guys put pizzas straight on the surface or do you use a pizza stone? i am guessing the heat is just going to disinfect everything

Thank you, I am really excitied to try making a pizza!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pizzaoven_1.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	332.0 KB
ID:	439981 Click image for larger version

Name:	pizzaoven_2.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	439982
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Arioch82 View Post
    Hi everyone, just found out about this forum!

I moved into a house that already has a pizza oven, i know nothing about them and i have a couple of questions i hope someone here can help with:

- inside at the bottom there are two metal (rusty) slabs laying on top of the bricks... what's the function of these slabs? can i just remove them?

- the oven does have a "chimney" in the middle (not sure about the word), at the back tho there is a missing brick, not sure if it was done for ventilation or if it "fell out" at some point .. can i close that space inside with a brick to keep the heat in?

- do you guys put pizzas straight on the surface or do you use a pizza stone? i am guessing the heat is just going to disinfect everything

Thank you, I am really excitied to try making a pizza!
    Welcome to the forum.
    I don't know why they would have used steel in there. I would remove those.
    When you say "chimney in the middle" I'm guessing you mean in the top of the arched roof? Most of the dome ovens have the chimney outside the door opening, but your setup can work too.
    I'm not sure why they would have chosen to add a ventilation hole at the back. I don't think it serves a useful purpose so I would close it if I was you.
    Yes, most of us cook directly on the floor of the oven.
    Kind regards,
    Mark
    My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
    My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Well your oven looks more like a bread making barrel oven that a domed pizza oven?
      Can you post a few more pictures showing it from a distance .

Comment

Working...
      X