Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My turn...finally

Tscarborough,

I do appreciate your concern and rest assured I will attempt to repair the unrepairable.... I am most humbled and deeply ashamed...once my oven is done I will throw myself into it

Peter
    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Well, its still blazing hot outside, the grass is dead and the plants are wilting but the oven building continues. 11 is in and 12 is started and let me tell you working with 1/4 bricks is no fun I want my easy to set 1/2 bricks back...I will be going straight to keystone once 12 is finished and it will most likely be an odd shaped one at that ( things have gotten a little weird in row 12)here are a few photos of the progress
      Last edited by KraemerBAC; 07-19-2010, 01:55 PM.
      Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Hooray...Its done, I finished closing the dome in tonight..patching the gaps from the inside,outer arch and stack should be done by the end of the week if the weather holds

Peter
        Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

I have finished patching and cleaning the inside of the dome and have my bricks for the outer arch started and cut.. It won't be long now, I can taste the pizza

Peter
          Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Congratulations, Peter! It's looking great.
            Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
            My oven build thread

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I'll get more pictures up as soon as I remember to take them

Peter
              Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

here's a couple pics of the progress so far..
                Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Managed to get home and get some work done this evening..Outer arch keystone tomorrow and some of the chimney transition. Curing fires begin when I return from vacation next Sat. Here are some pics.

Peter
                  Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Back from vacation. Had my first curing fire yesterday afternoon and evening. I went with the charcoal method and held it around 150 for 6-8hrs. Since I had the charcoal in a pan I went ahead and threw some logs in to dry at the same time. Then came the rains, didn't know it was going to rain, enclosure blew away and the oven got drenched!!! Guess I am starting over....I will work on the chimney in the meantime

Peter
                    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Pics of the progress
                      Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Peter, that aggressive taper on the bricks filling the arch to the oven looks like it will really draw the smoke out. Looks like we got a break from the rain for now, but man is it hot! I made some roasted veggies yesterday in the oven...oh, so good! Can't wait for the local crops to come rolling in.

Looks like you'll get it going before too long, but watch that curing.

Looks good!
                        My Build Thread

Comment

Tim,

It does draw really well..It isn't finished yet but all the smoke heads up and out. I am taking the curing slowly and hope to have the blanket on and the curings done by next weekend. I should have the chimney transition finished and the chimney on by then too

Peter
                          Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Chimney transition is done and I have run 2 curing fires with charcoal ; 2nd one got up around 200 degrees. No noticible cracks so far...I am putting the blanket on tomorrow and am going to begin burning wood for the next curing fire. I was amazed that it took roughly an hour of steady heat for the bricks to get fully heat soaked. Hopefully tomorrow night I can start on the door as well

Peter
                            Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Got the first of two blankets on the dome tonight and did some curing with a wood fire..Ran around 400 for 5 hours or so and did dinner in the oven as well..Cheated a few pizzas with a readymade thin crust but still very yummy. I hope to get the 2nd blanket going tomorrow and then on to the enclosure. I did notice a few small cracks but nothing to worry about. Here are a few pics of the progress.

Peter
                              Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

4th firing finished last night max out around 520 deg and kept it in that area for about 3 hours...still holding quite a bit of heat this morning. Had a small set back however...when I was setting the chimney mounting plate one corner was slightly bent and as I tightened it down I popped one of the transition bricks. I will reset it and leave it alone for a week or so but not until next week, I am planning on full heat and pizza on Sunday

Peter
                                Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Working...
                                X