My turn...finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My turn...finally

First pizza party and first pizza on Sunday...Had a blast! Reached heat in about and hour and 20 mins. Pictures and more details to follow

Peter
    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Here are some pictures of the first party....I did actually find the time yesterday to reset the chimney brick that popped when I was working on the mounting plate; a couple days to dry then a small curing fire to help it along. We have another small party set for this Sat and maybe Sunday too!!
      Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Congrats from one Wisconsin cheesehead to another! Hoping to get my patio/slab poured in a week or two and start my own build thread. In the meantime, enjoy the pizza, I'm thinking one with green & gold bell peppers might work tonight.

Comment

Green and Gold??? Actually not a bad idea. Thanks and get some photos up as the project moves forward, can't wait to see the build

Peter
          Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

From another Wisconsinite, congrats! Looks great.
            Picasa web album
            Oven-building thread

Comment

Thanks DB,

Now I can only hope my enclosure goes as well as yours...Hope you don't mind I used your design for my chimney transition

Peter
              Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Hey, almost everything I did was stolen from someone else, so no problem!
                Picasa web album
                Oven-building thread

Comment

I have a door started.... A buddy of mine took a template and cut me out a 16 gauge piece of stainless and added two inches which he then bent 90 deg to the rear so I have a "ledge" for the blanket and board. I just need to get it all cut , drilled, assembled and find some cool handles. I get some pictures up soon

Peter
                  Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Congratulations! Start up some pictures showing us the yard and where the oven will be!
                    Drake
                    ghdcheap ghd

Comment

• Re: My turn...finally

Isn't having a brick oven in the backyard fun! I love having parties and having everyone eating good food. What I need to work on is training a few friends and neighbors to help manage parties. Usually a kind soul will step up and fill in where there is a need, but I need to train people on the oven, too.

That way I can have more than a few minutes time to talk without going on for too long and charring a pizza a bit too much.

Post a pic of your door when completed. I did a stainless steel door and love it. Bit heavy, but works well and will last forever.

Congrats!
                      My Build Thread

Comment

Hey Tim...

I do agree that some training of friends and neighbors should begin, the kids help out some but tey are messy and take too long to dress the pizza and it sticks to the peel.... I have only really charred a couple!

Once I get the door going I will get some pictures up. I have started on the framing for he enclosure and if the rain will stop I can get some pictures of that up too

Later,

Peter
                        Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Hello all,

Been a while since I have been on the forum but I have made some progress... Not on the door however. I am having fun with the framing and finally remembered to take a few pictures. As always, thanks for the advice and encouragement

Peter
                          Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

It seems, for now my focus has shifted to restocking my wood supply, I have been playing lumkberjack in the woods of a friend. She has 80 acres or so of primarily oak and hickory. I have been working on one rather large oak and will probably need at least 5 more trips to get it all....I have been mixing hickory in to ensure a good mix of slow burning and slightly faster burning plus the hickory is relatively dry in comparison so I may be able to use some of it this year. Gots to have lots of wood.... Should also have framing and door done before the snow flies.

Peter
                            Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

How's it going? Any progress on the enclosure or door? You are right about the wood....need lots of it!
                              My Build Thread

Comment

Hi Peter,
                                I am interested in how far back from the front edge of the stand you have placed the oven. How deep of a landing is it? And why did you pick that distance?
                                Thanks
                                John
                                Build Thread:http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/i...ome-15521.html
                                Photos: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/brick-...67884/pic/list
                                Oven Blog: http://johns-brickoven.blogspot.com/...ven-folly.html

Comment

Working...
                                X