Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My turn...finally

John,

Sorry about the delay getting back to you..I would need to measure it to be accurate but I believe it is about 14". I am not sure any thought actually went into that measurement. I made sure I had clearance on the backside for framing, If I had to do it over I would have moved it forward about 4" to give me some extra room in the back...My insulation is pretty tight up to the framing

Peter
    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Thanks for the info on the landing Peter, that will be a big help for my final design. You mention your insulation clearance is tight. How thick do you have your insulation? I don't want to skimp on insulation for sure!
      Thanks Again!
      John
      Build Thread:http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/i...ome-15521.html
      Photos: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/brick-...67884/pic/list
      Oven Blog: http://johns-brickoven.blogspot.com/...ven-folly.html

Comment

John,

Along the back framing a single layer of 1'blanket is tight against the studs for about a foot off the deck..opens up as the oven curves..otherwise I am planning on 3 layers eventually. I have one blanket on and another still waiting to be placed. Where the blanket is tight along the rear studs I am planning on back-filling with loose vermiculite although at peak firing temps the single layer of blanket has only maxed out at about 140 or so

Peter
        Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Greetings all...I have made some progress on the enclosure but have been way too slow posting!! Here are some pics of the door I put together to get the ball re-rolling as it were. 18 gauge stainless with a 2 inch "shelf" two layers of blanket and pulled together with 1/2 inch cement board. More to follow soon, I need to remember to take pictures

Peter
          Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Roof is going up.. I have chosen to do things slightly differently, rather than buliding trusses I have built roof panels to which i have attatched the cement board soffits to, then with a flip and some setting I have all the roof framing for one side. Currently only one side up, I am working on attatching the board to the other sid right now. once it is up I will cut the holes for the lights get them wired up and attatch the roofing
            Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Sorry about that, had to cut the last post short..Here are the pictures that go along with my attempt at an explaination. It has worked out well for me. I am not sure if I ended up using more material but it went quick and it was easy working on a pair of saw horses. Second side is ready to go up and as soon as I can find a willing pair of hands I will get it done. Face boards lights etc......

Peter
              Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Found the willing hands...can't get the weather to cooperate though. It is supposed to be nice tomorrow but between work and having folks over for pizza I am not sure it will make it up. Maybe Sat ...make that Sun working yet another weekend. Ah well, such is life. Pictures once it goes up.

Peter
                Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Pics as promised..Not 100 % done but getting closer.

Peter
                  Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

That is such a nice enclosure. really well done!
                    Love those downlights aswell, gives it such a nice feel.

Comment

Thanks for the praise...more photos to follow, I am excited to see how it all turns out too

Peter
                      Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Greetings all,

While I was at work this evening my wonderful wife primed all the wood trim for me..drip edge and roofing tomorrow if I can stand the heat. Index of 110 tomorrow

Peter
                        Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Happy 4th all... We have had nothing but hot beautiful weather for the last 4 days or so so I have been able to get the roof mostly on, caulk around the chimney and ridge cap still to do. Had friends over last night for pizza and put the door on when they left. Had potato and cheese fritata for brunch, beef tenderloin with carrots and yukon golds for dinner and finished it with cookies...all from the heat left in the oven .. plus it keeps the house cool !! Here are a few photos, I promise to keep them coming

Peter
                          Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Well, I have two new things to report. 1st, I have finally started on the stones for the exterior, not a lot of progress but I have started!! and I have finally purchased some Caputo 00 should be here by the end of the week....can't wait to play with it and see what the reality of it is..More pictures as things continue to progress

Peter
                            Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Here are some pics of the stone.( OK one pic) I got in a few more rows after dinner but did not get any more pictures..As always, more to follow
                              Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Working...
                              X