Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess What? ANOTHER Michigan build!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Capt
    replied
    Re: Guess What? ANOTHER Michigan build!

    Base complete, and refractoy poured. The firebrick will be on top of this:


    Herringbone floor mostly completed:


    Started fitting the modular pieces. This was a PAIN.


    Checking for level, ready for the mortar:

    Leave a comment:


  • Capt
    replied
    Re: Guess What? ANOTHER Michigan build!

    Front view with storage underneath:


    I used a Superior Clay modular 36 inch oven. I couldn't find a FB dealer near me, and shipping one to Michigan would have broke me!


    Making a template for the refractory base:


    Laying out the base cinderbrick:

    Leave a comment:


  • Capt
    started a topic Guess What? ANOTHER Michigan build!

    Guess What? ANOTHER Michigan build!

    I was blown away at the amount of ovens here in Michigan! Here is mine that my cousin and I completed in a few weeks last month. We had no idea how we were going to go about the build, flew by the seat of our pants. He is a mason by trade, so that was the good part.

    We began by digging the footings. The center is for the actuall oven, the right side for the charcoal grill, left side for the fireplace. Also, the form for the hot tub is in the left of the pic:


    Messing around, preliminary block laying:


    The block done, and the beginning of the charcoal grill:


    First color of brick down. I liked the look of utility brick vs. standard. Also, the base for the refractory poured:
Working...
X