No announcement yet.

Casa100 Build - Chico CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been making steady progress since the rain stopped. I got the metal frame built for the house. I built a box around the chimney and filled it with fire blanket. The plan is to put a masonry cap on top. I've been building small fires. Yesterday I brought the oven up to cooking temp. The roof was 1000 f. All the black soot burned away. This morning the oven walls are still 570 f. I think I'll cook something in there later today. I'm struggling a bit with how to put a roof on. Right now, the plan is a metal roof and paint it green in the spirit of patina copper.
    Last edited by hillscp; 02-06-2022, 09:11 AM.

Comment

After fretting a lot about how to build a roof I finally came up with this. Maybe I can move ahead now... Good news is I've had two pizza parties! I'm going to leave it flat and cover it with roll on roofing. Can't see the top anyway unless your 6' 10"

Comment

I have a question about tile and stucco. I want to put a 4.25" x 4.25" Mexican tile border around the hearth of my oven. There will be stucco fields above and below. I want the tile to be embedded in the stucco field. I uploaded a little drawing but my thinking is that I would lay down a 1/4" layer of stucco over the rough concrete edge of the hearth then let it cure. Next lay down 1/4" of thinset and the 1/4" thick tile. Next apply stucco to 3/4" above and below.

I also entertained just embedding the tile in stucco without thinset but I don't know if the tile will stick to the stucco.
        Last edited by hillscp; 03-08-2022, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Been a while since posting here but I thought I would wrap up the thread. Here are some images of the final product. Pizza Party Palace!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by hillscp; 12-27-2023, 04:18 PM.

Comment

It turned out nice - looks like a great place for a party!
            My build thread
            https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Nice work! Really like all the prep/work surface. I think a lot of builders wish they had more space for that. Also great that you have space for covered and uncovered entertaining. Many years of fun ahead.

And, I'll bet you're the only guy who's added a sat dish to your oven...sorry, couldn't resist .
              My Build: 42" Corner Build in the Shadow of Mount Nittany

Comment

Yeah, the Sat Dish is awesome LOL. It's actually on the house behind my property.

The prep table is awesome too. It's 13' long. We were putting fold up tables there for parties until I finished it.
                Last edited by hillscp; 01-03-2024, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X