qiardano oven on cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: qiardano oven on cart

thanks, i hope it all comes together soon. the weather has really slowed the finish work down. i found a nice granite shelf for the front in black. i think that will be a nice contrast to the cover

Comment

james how warm must it be to mortar the floor to the insulation? i am only able to work outside.

Comment

The manufacturer gives us a tight working temperature range, and your weather is a lot colder than what they specify.

Does anyone have hands-on experience using a real refractory mortar in colder temperatures?
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

picked up my oven parts tonight, did a test fit ,everything seem spot on. enclosed is a pic

Comment

Originally posted by thezaman View Post
            received my cart and cover, i have three inches on all sides and four on the top enclosed are pics
            is that a one piece refractory cast dome ?

Comment

the cover is metal and weighs 91 pounds so when the whole thing is finished the oven will be under 400 pounds.

Comment

starting to break in the oven, it was a cold dreary day in ohio. better pictures when we got some sun.

Comment

Congrats,,, Enjoy your oven..

Cheers and many happy pizza's
                  Mark

Comment

finally used my oven tonight, it takes longer than the primevera to get to temperature, but it holds it much better. i was shooting for 800 deg floor , which seems to give good balance top and bottom. the oven cooked nicely ,not a big difference over the primevera 70, but the primevera needed a break in period before i got good results at higher temps.enclosed are pics

Comment

Very nice Zaman,

Give her a little time to really dry out, and you will be looking very good. I think you will see even faster heat up and better heat retention (and better high heat pizza baking). Go for the char!

James
                      Last edited by james; 03-14-2010, 10:08 PM.
                      Pizza Ovens
                      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

yes, after it is seasoned I'm sure it will get better, but i was very happy with the first bake!!.

Comment

Working...
                        X