Huck Buld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huck Buld

Well today, I finally got started on my WFO. I cut the soldiers and made a layout of my floor plan. The concrete truck finally showed up today and I got my slab poured. I have had my concrete on order for two weeks finally I called another company today and they said they can bring it this afternoon. Here are a few photos of my progress let me know what you think and if there is anything I should change let me know. I ordered the Harbor freight 10” saw $199.00 I had a 20% discount coupon. I sure do like it cuts like a dream.
    Huck

P.S. One more photo in nex post.

Last edited by morrishuckeba; 05-21-2010, 01:53 PM.

Re: Huck Buld

last photo

Comment

Another human bites the dust and is destined to become a fire addict!

Looks like you are off to a good start. I like the use of wine! And the pics demonstrate the use of the tool well.

Haven't been to Ruidoso in a long time. We need someone to develop the Hatch Chile Pizza and you are good candidate!

Good Luck!
      Jay

Comment

Today everything went pretty smooth. I got Cinderblock stacked and the angle and installed. Tomorrow hope for the blocks of concrete and maybe Sunday I would be putting in the upper floor supports.

Hatch Chile Pizza!!! that is somthing to think about.

Comment

I put hatch chilies on almost everything!

Comment

I got quite a bit done on my pizza oven stand. I mixed and poured 20 bags of Concrete and failed all of the concrete blocks. And frame the bottom tray and installed rebar. Tomorrow I hope to be able to frame it out with 2X8 and be ready to pour the final slab Monday.

Comment

Well I got my hearth frame out and the concrete poured. That?s about as far as I can go for a few days. I will have to make a trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico to pick up more fire brick and heat stop50, and order Ceramic Fiber Board.
              Last edited by morrishuckeba; 05-24-2010, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Looking good. Those forms remind me of my pour.... I must have reused those form boards 5 or 6 times before they got to ugly or too small to use.

Christo
                My oven progress -
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                sigpic

Comment

Christo
                  I hope this is my first and last build.
                  Huck

Comment

Really? I have my oven finished and am missing out on all the fun you guys are having. I am with Lars, "this may not be my last oven"
                    Eric

Comment

I know this won't be my last oven. I learned so much it would be a shame to waste it by not doing it again!
                      Jay

Comment

Seems I got shipwrights disease while building my oven. After the concrete was done for the oven - i needed 2 more slabs for the outdoor kitchen, footings for the steps from the patio, concrete benches, herb stand .... Kinda wish my wife would have called for an intervention. That harbor frieght cement mixer got more than it bargained for and those 2x6's oven forms stuck with me the entire time.

For some reason - I see another oven in my future - we'll figure out some reason to move again. These ovens are too much fun not to have one! And now the thing as somehow integrated itself into our normal lives....

Christo
                        My oven progress -
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                        sigpic

Comment

High friends
                          I need to ask a couple of questions. I am using the ceramic fiberboard to put my floor, and soldier course on. I just found out that the Ceramic fiberboard is on its way and should be here Friday. My question is when you cut out the ceramic fiberboard do you cut it the same size as your soldier course or do you cut it a little larger like maybe 1?or so. My soldier course will be on top of the ceramic fiberboard, not on floor. I have everything it takes to complete my WFO I should be able to start on it Saturday. I?ll be sending photos of my progress.
                          Huck

Comment

when you cut out the ceramic fiberboard do you cut it the same size as your soldier course or do you cut it a little larger like maybe 1”or so
                            It depends on what kind of enclosure you are planning. If you are doing an enclosure, there is no need to cut it at all. If you are doing a igloo, i'd cut it the size of your finished insulation, i.e: two inches if you're using blanket, four inches if you're using vermiculite concrete.
                            My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Nice work Huck - your cruising. Probably going to be done before me ... ;-)

I gotta ask - what are hatch chilies?
                              Pizza Oven Picture Gallery
                              http://picasaweb.google.com/toddfas/PizzaOvenProject

Comment

Working...
                              X