Home Slice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Home Slice

I fully agree with Chris. Put the blankets on before you fire. It will be less stressful on the bricks and mortar. You can always pull back the blankets afterward if you are worried about cracks.
    Wade Lively

Comment

We did it. We lit the first curing fire last night.. It consisted of about nine cigarettes, a big tin of left over rolling tobacco, all doused with lighter fluid. We also set off a couple of little fireworks in her.. The vent draws sweetly.. I haven't had a cigarette in 24 odd hours, and i don't feel as bad as i thought I would.. I get cravings, but they only last five miinutes or so. We lit the second curing fire tonight, and I got all edgy, and left because my roommate was being a dick. It probably went alright though.

The chicken wire on the front of the vent represents where the final shape is going to go.. I'm going to lath the whole oven once its cured, and mold it to its final shape with perlite concrete..

Comment

Nice...

ban the roomate from eating pizza
        Steve Kennemer
        Austin, TX

Comment

Congratulations (on both counts!)

Drake
          My Oven Thread:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Start the pizza fire with lighter fluid and give him the first one...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
            [/CENTER]

Comment

Congratulations on that first fire, and on using it to get rid of the cigarettes!

Looks like you laid the blanket on top with plans to peel it back and check for cracks?
              "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-- Yogi Berra

Forno Tito

Comment

Nick, how about a progress report. Did your fires go OK? I hate to rush you, but I really want to see the finished product. Lets go dude, get those helpers back to work

RT

Comment

Working...
                X