Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: gt40's Pompeii Oven 42" build log

Originally posted by GianniFocaccia View Post
    That's downright sexy! The level of craftsmanship and detail is inspiring, to say the least. You gotta be proud of a job very well done.

John
    Thank you for your kind words. It turned out to be much bigger project than I thought but considering I started in April of this year and finished the oven working evenings and weekends, I am really really happy. I am also extrordinarily thankful for all the advice and information on this site. I absolutely would never of been able to accomplish this dream if it wasn't for Forno Bravo.
    49" Recirculating LOW DOME Pompei build with welded stand:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/g...log-15903.html

Comment

Great work, you should be really proud of your project! I just finished my first oven in a house that I am about to sell, so I will be pinching some of your ideas there (the stone benchtops in particular).
      The Melbourne Fire Brick Company

Comment

GT,

That's an amazing outdoor kitchen. Very nicely done. What adhesive did you use to bond your veneer stones to the backer board?

Does anybody know the best adhesive/mortar to use in cold climates for veneer stone ie. here it CT? Thanks.

Comment

ja1724, I also live in a cold climate and used modified thinset to attach my cultured stone to hardie backer, as per Tscarborough. It went on easily and is rock solid. Make sure you use 'modified' thinset; it will ususally say for interior or exterior use.

gene

Comment

Is it called modified thinset, or do you do the modifications yourself?

Comment

It comes modified (with layex polymers) as a dry mix to which you just add water, or you can purchase unmodified and add the liquid latex polymer to it in lieu of water. I find the modified easier to use. Home Depot sells it for around $13/bag.

Comment

Here is the stuff I used...

gene

Comment

Originally posted by ggoose View Post
                  Here is the stuff I used...

gene
                  I used exactly the same stuff. Went right on the hardiboard. It is cheap and holds well.
                  49" Recirculating LOW DOME Pompei build with welded stand:
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/g...log-15903.html

Comment

Nice looking build, gt40

Comment

Working...
                    X