No announcement yet.

Alex’s Pizza Kitchen (APK) build, Central Coast, NSW Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan on using black grout which hopefully will give a decking appearance. Any thoughts about the gap around the oven? Should use high temp silicone? Personally I'm not very good at the old silicone and fear I will make a an absolute mess. The only real area of high temp will be directly out the front of the oven. The rest of the oven remains fairly cool.
    Fail to Prepare...Prepare to Fail!

Comment

Good to see you are making progress, even if it is slow. I know how you feel.

The timber look tiles look pretty good. My tip for not making a mess with the silicon would be to mask off each joint using that blue painters tape. Then if any mess does get on the tiles you can lightly cut using a straight edge and a stanley knife and then just peel the tape off. You will end up with perfectly straight joints and no mess.
      Sharkey.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

My Build - Between a rock and a hard place

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
        I plan on using black grout which hopefully will give a decking appearance. Any thoughts about the gap around the oven? Should use high temp silicone? Personally I'm not very good at the old silicone and fear I will make a an absolute mess. The only real area of high temp will be directly out the front of the oven. The rest of the oven remains fairly cool.
        G'day Bert
        Sicaflex is better than silastic to fill the gapes it's made for boat decking.
        Tape the edges. Fill the gapes, them smooth with with a rag soaked in mineral turps. The turps is a bit greasy and silastic and sicaflex doesn't tend to stick. Still have heaps of rags and use heaps so there's no chance of getting anything on the bare wood. Remove the tape straight away before it skins. Did a BBQ bench years ago this way and it turned out pretty special.

Regards dave
        Measure twice
        Cut once
        Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
        My Door
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Working...
        X