Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

I have an interesting piece I picked up, it was a hanging lamp brass and yes it is square but food of thought, there are a lot of old brass lamps, that might make a nice cap/key. It would not need to be nearly as tall as this one.

Chip
    Chip

Comment

Maybe the finale needs to be something cast from the copper pieces that have been generated as scrap. I'm sure you have the skills and artist ability to create the crowning jewel.. then it is "all" hand made with your skilled hands!

Same for the chimney... a sleeve would make a great addition but then you need to build a matching spark arrester. It doesn't have to be like the factory ones.

And you said--"getting near the top, with nothing left to do?"

Really interesting to watch your build, I think everyone agrees it is all about the love you put into your projects, it shows!

Comment

Getting closer, course 6 complete, getting tight quarters now, spent much time developing the last template for course 7, took several trial shingles to get it right so tomorrow is a cut and bend day. Plus my first SM tomatoes of 2014. Only left with two plants but enough to me and seeds for 2015.
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Russell,
          Your cladding is turning out greater than I even expected! And I knew that you would do it right. For some reason the cladding reminds me of scales. And the mental picture that I am getting is screaming "The Copper Dragon" . Of course, in a few months, "The Green Dragon" may be more fitting. I love the look of oxidized copper.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Still go with mutant ninja turtle gulf mainly due to the shell shape.
            Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
              Still go with mutant ninja turtle gulf mainly due to the shell shape.
              Turtles don't have flames coming out of their mouths though--dragons do!

Comment

:In Hollywood anything is possible mkku
                Last edited by oasiscdm; 06-20-2014, 05:37 AM.
                Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

This oven is a masterpiece true beauty and what great knowledgable thread also so many key points in the build for all us newbies to follow great work and attention to detail from start to finish
                  link to my effort http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/7...art-20707.html

"95% reading this forum 5% building"

Comment

Guess I've been away from the world too long. Let's not pollute this fine thread that Russell has created with animation crap. I see way too much manga everywhere I look!

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                      Russell,
                      Your cladding is turning out greater than I even expected! And I knew that you would do it right. For some reason the cladding reminds me of scales. And the mental picture that I am getting is screaming "The Copper Dragon" . Of course, in a few months, "The Green Dragon" may be more fitting. I love the look of oxidized copper.
                      Russell,
                      I am updating my above suggestions to include "Dragoness" instead of dragon . With all the hard work, sweat, and toil it takes to forge their shape in to that fantasy you first envisioned: It somehow, helps to refer to them in the feminine gender .
                      Last edited by Gulf; 06-20-2014, 06:02 PM.
                      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Look fantastic Russell, great job with the copper.

Don't you think is weird calling an oven a her or him? Vessels are hers....that's about the only inanimate object assigned a gender that seems normal.
                        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                        John Ruskin

Comment

Whatever gender you chose to allocate it is a very interesting and well executed finish. It will be interesting to see how it looks as it ages. I am sure that age will be kind and it will mellow with it.

Congratulations.
                          Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver
                            The only thing I can relate to on gender for the oven is the SWMBO says it is my girlfriend since I spend more time with the oven then her. LOL.
                            Mine referred to herself as a wfo widow....so I guess my oven was more of a casket.
                            Last edited by stonecutter; 06-21-2014, 10:37 AM.
                            Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                            John Ruskin

Comment

Last dome course mostly done, now the cricket and all the custom pieces to tie to the chimney. Crazy weather here, Monday it almost snowed, furnace came on now Saturday it is 90 degrees and AC is on.
                              Russell
                              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Really looking great. I'm sure the narrow pieces are fussy getting to all fit together. You've earned the title of "Il Pizzaoilo for copper or master tinker".

Comment

Working...
                                X