• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikku
    replied
    Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

However, all is not lost.

There is a bright spot, left in post #1 of this thread.
    Russell left the photo journal of his build: Picassa Album link. It documents his build in photos. What is missing, however, are the "hows" and "whys" of what he did and the friendly conversations between members of the Forno Bravo forum.

Russell, if you still browse the forum occasionally, I hope that life is treating you well. Like many others have said before-- "Your presence is missed!"

Leave a comment:

• the_dr_masuess
    replied

Man that really does suck!! I'll just have to give him a call. Luckily He lives close by.

Leave a comment:

• mikku
    replied

You can look under Chit Chat "I'm very sorry for the loss another good friend".

But in the end, Russell is gone...his well documented build has been lost, his friendly and selfless responses to questions are no more...it is a real shame!

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Loren
    There is a thread that explains this cannot remember which though.

Russell's absence is a loss to all.

Leave a comment:

• the_dr_masuess
    replied

How come all of Russell's Posts are missing now?

Leave a comment:

• v12spirit
    replied

Russel. I may be a new friend of yours. But I vote with those who want you back to the forum. I find the posts on this thread and on Gulf's thread a good reason for you to quit being away of the forum and come back to this friendly family.
    If I had this kind of friends I would never disappoint them. No body would post on this thread if he wouldn't owe you respect and appreciation. Good and generous people are the building blocks of this forum so we all don't want to lose any of them.
    V12spirit

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Russell Russell where for art tho Russell.

Come back to us we need you.

Leave a comment:

• Campmaki
    replied

Ok I will let the beer slide, but never boil in water. OH and by the way, good to hear you are still around. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Originally posted by Campmaki View Post
    Here in Wisconsin, it is against the law to par boil brats in anything, including beer.
    That's funny...the guy that taught me that trick is from Wisconsin. And he's an unbelievable talent with home craft brewing too. Personally, I think it adds a lot to the taste of brats.

Leave a comment:

• Campmaki
    replied

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
    You aren't suppose to drink that stuff, only use it to boil brats.
    Here in Wisconsin, it is against the law to par boil brats in anything, including beer.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Personally I feel we should all show Russell the respect he deserves by keeping this thread bumped so that it always remains on the first page of the construction thread.

Most of US owe this much to Russell.

Leave a comment:

• Lancer
    replied

Beer and pizza, now there's a great concept. If these things ever go from this world then civilization itself will go with them.

Yup deejayoh, that's likely a fact. Still, the lawyers quibble aside, cool name. Beats the heck out of saying, "Hey my friend, pass me a cold Jerry Hill."

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
    A lot of people still think the beer was named after a .45 caliber hand gun made by Colt firearms.

Introducing #45 of the Baltimore Colts! Jerry Hill...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_H...rican_football)
    Of course they would have to say it wasn't named after the firearm, lest they open themselves up to a lawsuit for trademark infringement. But I'm sure they didn't mind everyone associating the beer with the firearm.

Leave a comment:

• Lancer
    replied

A lot of people still think the beer was named after a .45 caliber hand gun made by Colt firearms.

Introducing #45 of the Baltimore Colts! Jerry Hill...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_H...rican_football)
    Last edited by Lancer; 10-30-2014, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

You aren't suppose to drink that stuff, only use it to boil brats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X