X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurtloup
    replied
    Re: 42" Pompeii in S. Louisiana

Thanks. I hope to start on the oven soon. This morning, I drove to the place where I purchased the floor insulation so I could swap out what I bought for Thermo-Gold. No one was around. I even called yesterday to make sure they were open. That puts me a few days behind.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Kurt,

Been watching your build, nice quality workmanship, outside the box base design, looking forward to seeing the oven build.

Leave a comment:

• Kurtloup
    replied

Finished forming the hearth and pouring the hearth today.

Leave a comment:

• Kurtloup
    replied

After work, I put in about an hour starting to frame the hearth. I hope to pour it this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Kurtloup
    replied

It will have a 42" internal diameter. The end of the vent will be about 6-8" from the front. Too much landing? I used the 73" foundation width specified in the plans for a 42" oven, but I formed a 36.5" radius in the back. I made the foundation 115" deep to give me room to stand in front.

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

Hi Kurt,

How large is your oven? It looks massive! That looks like a looong reach, to me, but it may be the camera angle?

Leave a comment:

• Kurtloup
    replied

This afternoon, I filled the blocks with concrete and rebar. I still have to fill the blocks under the oven. I ran out of time before it got dark.

Leave a comment:

• Kurtloup
    replied

Originally posted by pdqtom View Post
    I like your base design Kurtloup!
    Thanks. I decided to deviate from the rectangle base. I think it makes the oven look not as massive.

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

I have no problem with your killing( it was what you were taught,99% of you have never been stung by a scorpian), but if someone else (especially a child) doesn't mind going the extra effort to capture and relocate the pest, and giving the reason (that it has the right to live), should be frighten into killing everything that can potentially cause us harm is wrong. If there's an infestation of any pest, most have to be destroyed and in some cases, such as honey bees, relocated. Do we want our children to have an innate fear of nature, that anything that can cause us harm, must be killed! Even the ancients taught avoidance, we can teach the children or in some cases let them teach us.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

They don't kill you but they hurt, and they hurt the dogs and cats even more. Scorpians and fireants must die, period.

Leave a comment:

• pdqtom
    replied

I like your base design Kurtloup!

And apparently they don't have scorpions in Japan.
    Killed 77 of them in our house in one calendar year and she who must be obeyed got stung on the butt! I did not laugh.......didn't breathe for a few minutes either!

Leave a comment:

• Kurtloup
    replied

I'm a block short.

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday
    No the key word is "Can " if its Main defense is attack and if its in your domain you can make the decision to stop it from being a threat . I don't know how poisonous they in the US but if it was in ozz I would kill them ..it's common dog thinking...:.

Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

The key words is (Have to kill one)! She was bullied into killing them!

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday
    They don't sting because there evil ... They sting because they can.
    And if you have to kill one its because you can......

Regards dave

Leave a comment:

Working...
X