X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kbartman
    replied
    Hi Colin,

It's been a while since I been to the forum. Hope you had a good Christmas and a great start to the new year.

Glad to see that thumbnails are now working. I was a bit frustrated myself. We all put a lot of hard work in documenting our builds glad things are working better!

Hope to get some good breads made this week. I was looking for some good sourdough bread recipes and decided to check the forum, Glad I checked it out :-)
    Last edited by kbartman; 03-26-2016, 09:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Hi Kbartman has been a while merry Xmas and happy new year.

Just another build where the thumbnails are so important and missing.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied
    Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Originally posted by Volongo View Post
    Your oven is a great piece of architecture! The night photo really look stunning! Well Done!

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
    That's a great job and you have spared no attention to detail. You must be proud of your achievement.

Congratulations on what must be one of the better builds we have seen on the forum.
    Thanks guys for the compliments. It has been a while since I have had any time to post or catch up on all the new build. Every new build is a inspiration to all. The outage season at work is coming to a close. I look forward to catching up.

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

That's a great job and you have spared no attention to detail. You must be proud of your achievement.

Congratulations on what must be one of the better builds we have seen on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Volongo
    replied

Your oven is a great piece of architecture! The night photo really look stunning! Well Done!

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

I finally added some photos to my Google Oven album.......Still under construction, I think the link works, let me know what you all think.

I have many more photos and comments to add. I really like the other builders whom have easily scrolled thru albums. I'm pictorially when it comes to learning. I hope these albums continues to help others have success.

Thanks again to the many builders that have help others and myself, we are forever grateful.
    Last edited by kbartman; 04-08-2015, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Not sure how long it will last but as long as it ges me through Xmas am fine with that.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Nice door Colin.......... I'm jealous I have some time off work maybe I'll have a chance to get one done soon. My temporary is falling apart too.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Oh That door. Hey KB made one the other day, temporary only, using hebel 50mm.... Some stainless and some ply I had laying around some cheap handles. Got sick of my 12 piece jig saw puzzle that was initially one piece of calsil and one piece of Hebel and a couple other pieces. Took a couple of hours only.

Test it Friday.
    Needed something that was easy to take out and put back that was going to cut it for Xmas.
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 12-17-2014, 03:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Thanks Darin for the kind words. My insulated door still eludes, although I'm still holding good temps with the cement board and aluminum foil. I have been concentrating on cooking and enjoying the moment. After finishing the decorative door my motivation is low. .............Thanks again all.

Leave a comment:

• Novaslo
    replied

Completely awesome....I was able to get a door made. Thanks to a skillful Brother in Law. Used 1 inch fiber blanket as insulation. It works really good. However it is heavy.

Next I will build a lighter version and use Fiber Board as the insulation.

Currently I can hold a 500 degree temp on day 2 and can cook for basically 3-4 days.
    Slow cooking at 220 range works fantastic.
    One of my challenges is that I am so used to high heat now, I think 350 is low....You get to the point where the temp that most people cook in their home ovens does not seem hot enough. Then when you slow cook at 240 and see how the meat looks after 5-6 hours, it is truly a wow moment.

Enjoy that and enjoy your pool. That is my next project!!
    D

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all my Forno Bravo friends.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Haven't posted any thing on my thread for awhile, thought I might give a update. I did make a outer door which will be fitted with some type of adjustable vents to be used when I use the oven as a smoker. I did decide to install the chimney extension to get the smoke up and out of the pool area although I painted it high heat white, to tone down a bit. The insulated oven door still eludes, I will get to it eventually. Been enjoying the oven's use and getting better at those pizzas pies.

Any way here is a night picture of my her:

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
    KB,
    I have a very wide reveal in my oven also. That helps, very much, in accessing the sides of the oven with tools. The extra wide reveal is at least akin to the flared entries that many do. But, without the intimidation .

Do make, or have made, an insualted door. It opens up the world for what these ovens can be capable of
    I love my extra wide reveal, agree with its utility. I will make a insulated door. I'm looking thru the :"Show us you door thread for ideas" hope to find some good ideas and get past the planning stages. I have been holding temps well with just a piece of Hardee board covered with aluminum foil. Cooked pizza last Saturday evening breakfast and dinner Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with supper tonight at 400F temp. Glad I incorporated the heat breaks as you and many others have. I'm thinking once I insulated the door I may have to leave it open just to get the heat out to cook something other then pizza
    Thanks
    Last edited by kbartman; 09-03-2014, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

KB,
    I have a very wide reveal in my oven also. That helps, very much, in accessing the sides of the oven with tools. The extra wide reveal is at least akin to the flared entries that many do. But, without the intimidation .

Do make, or have made, an insualted door. It opens up the world for what these ovens can be capable of

Leave a comment:

Working...
X