• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stonecutter
    replied
    Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
    I just hope everything compresses evenly. I already have uneven compression in the oven landing, and somewhat of a crown in the oven floor as the weight of the dome walls grow. I think something as firm and as flat as Hardee board would allow a more even compression.
    This is not a good that this is happening and you haven't topped out yet. I am wondering how high you are as well.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

I already have uneven compression in the oven landing, and somewhat of a crown in the oven floor as the weight of the dome walls grow.
    As they say here, bugger. Its already compressing, not sure how much it will compress.
    I thought ceramic fibre board was only good for hot face work with no load.

How far have you got with the oven?

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Thanks for the advice.

My experience with notched trowel and thin set was on ceramic flooring on a bath room remodel. Worked out much better. I considered pouring and screeding, but did not want to lose my layout lines.

Brickie not sure what you’re asking. Compression of the fiber board is a concern of my. I just hope everything compresses evenly. I already have uneven compression in the oven landing, and somewhat of a crown in the oven floor as the weight of the dome walls grow. I think something as firm and as flat as Hardee board would allow a more even compression.

When researching Ceramic fiber board I found a product made by Unifrax, much denser board and precisely flat. Next time I'll spend the extra money. I just hope floor failure and dome cracking do to compression, is not in my future.

Thanks all,
    Keep posting

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

The ceramic Fiber board
    Wont it compress with the oven weight?

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

For next time....It is much easier to screed the sand/fireclay mixture and get a very flat surface than to hand trowel...unless you have a lot of experience.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X