Nothing to see here,,, move along

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130806_131548.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	297989
    My build documentary page:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1011587...iredOvenBuild#

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Comment

• Re: 42" build in Central Texas

Looking good. You've made really quick progress on that oven.

Are you going to have an overhang on the roof? Useful for lighting in the eaves, IMHO.
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
        Looking good. You've made really quick progress on that oven.

Are you going to have an overhang on the roof? Useful for lighting in the eaves, IMHO.
        Yes, 8" overhang front and rear. Going to have 4 LED recess lights within soffet. Trying to figure out where to put switch. I may have this puppy finished by Christmas!

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Comment

You might want to allow for more room in the front for the lights. They're typically 5" or so for the housing even if you use the small down lights. With trim and fascia and so forth, at 8" you will run out of space pretty quickly. Plus the lights will be right next to the front of your oven housing, so you will end up with wall washers, not task lighting.

I went with a much deeper eave @ 18" because we get so much rain here - but I'd say 12" is minimum. I also used some lights that I could aim/rotate - which is a nice feature.

for reference, here's a picture of the lights installed in mine

Name:	2013-10-22 10.29.12.jpg
Size:	730.2 KB
ID:	297990
          My build progress

Comment

I built the front eave long as well, both to keep water out of the oven and the wood storage area.

Comment

I see what you guys are saying but if you see how low the roof comes down, Im afraid it would be in the way or be a head-banger. Maybe I need to get my lights and work off of that dimension. Here is how its sits right now:

Name:	20131022_123912.jpg
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	297991

Name:	20131022_123851.jpg
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	297992

Comment

Ah yes - the head banger! I forget, but I had to work around that too and ended up making my roof higher/flatter because I wanted to have head clearance at the corners.

You can probably come out as far as your counter top without any issues.
                My build progress

Comment

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I would be hitting that for sure. Looking great so far.

Comment

These will fit in the soffet:

Lithonia Lighting 3 in. Recessed Oil Rubbed Bronze Gimbals LED Lighting Kit-LK3GORB LED LPI M6 at The Home Depot
                    Anyone gone deep into LED lighting at home or office? I have converted about 1/3 of mine. I hate changing/shopping for and storing all the different bulbs that I have at both home and office so we are hoping this technology is good for a few years of duty
                    Last edited by GarnerAC; 10-22-2013, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I have a bunch of PAR30 can lights in my home that I am looking to convert to LED. They briefly had bulbs for $10 after rebate at costco, but I thought about it and missed the deal!

Do you have enough depth for those cans? I had to buy specialty units. Also - looks like that is an "old work"/remodel style can-light. You'll save money with "new work" model and they will be more secure than those.
                      Last edited by deejayoh; 10-22-2013, 03:01 PM.
                      My build progress

Comment

Doesn't look like it'll interfere with the cooking area!
                        Link to my build
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/4...nia-19904.html

Link to my pictures
                        https://plus.google.com/photos/10871...CPfMh4SMmcnQAQ

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
                          I have a bunch of PAR30 can lights in my home that I am looking to convert to LED. They briefly had bulbs for $10 after rebate at costco, but I thought about it and missed the deal!

Do you have enough depth for those cans? I had to buy specialty units. Also - looks like that is an "old work"/remodel style can-light. You'll save money with "new work" model and they will be more secure than those.
                          Im sure it will need a bracket for new construction. I'll make one or whatever. I didnt measure depth but I took it out of the package and it was small. Should have about 6"

Comment

Bit the bullet and purchased tools this morning. My short Peels arent going to cut it anymore!
                            Last edited by GarnerAC; 11-27-2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Made some progress today. Got the Hardi Backer complete as well as the Electrical. I'll be using a Brick Veneer over the Hardi and Block. Havent decided on roof yet. Looking at Copper and Tile but not sure I have enough support for Tile. Im looking for an old-world Italian look. Open to suggestions. Our Home is White Limestone with Metal roof but didnt want to try to match that. Would rather have a contrast to the existing look.

Name:	20131029_173910.jpg
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	298078

Name:	20131029_173838.jpg
Size:	1,005.5 KB
ID:	298079

Name:	20131029_173930.jpg
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	298080

Name:	20130806_13154845.jpg
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	298081

Name:	20131029_165349.jpg
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	298082

Comment

Originally posted by GarnerAC View Post
                                Made some progress today. Got the Hardi Backer complete as well as the Electrical. I'll be using a Brick Veneer over the Hardi and Block. Havent decided on roof yet. Looking at Copper and Tile but not sure I have enough support for Tile. Im looking for an old-world Italian look. Open to suggestions. Our Home is White Limestone with Metal roof but didnt want to try to match that. Would rather have a contrast to the existing look.
                                Tile or stone will be #1 if you are looking for a traditional look. The tiles are much,much easier than stone....I suggest going that route. Once your sheathing is on your framing will be enough to support the weight.
                                Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                                John Ruskin

Comment

Working...
                                X