Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 42" build in Central Texas

Gudday
    Wrap you temporary door in aluminium foil. It goes a long way to protecting from the heat. If it gets tacky and falls off ....how cares its a temporary door, it just has to work once to be useful
    regards Dave

Click image for larger version

Name:	doors 003.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	302439
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
      Gudday
      Wrap you temporary door in aluminium foil. It goes a long way to protecting from the heat. If it gets tacky and falls off ....how cares its a temporary door, it just has to work once to be useful
      regards Dave

[ATTACH]40176[/ATTACH]
      I think thats what I'll do Dave, wrap the crap out of a piece of CFB and my plywood template w HD foil.
      I just drew out plans for what I want to do w the door and it will take me a while. Im going to use a Rutland gasket around the outside. I know its not "food rated" but Ive used these on my BGE for years with good luck.
      My build documentary page:
      https://picasaweb.google.com/1011587...iredOvenBuild#

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Comment

It looks like your brick will be in on Friday, do you want me to bring it down and check out your rig Friday afternoon?

Comment

Yes please! Ill shoot you an email tonite.

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Comment

I had the pleasure of visiting today, and it is a lovely oven. When you get the brick wrap and roof on it it will be outstanding. You are well on your way to Neapolitano pizza as well. This is your goal (all it takes is heat and slavish devotion to your dough (not my pizza, it is the Master, TXCraig's)):

edit: Those are those little oil cups, Vermont smoked I told you about.

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
              Gudday
              regards Dave

[ATTACH]40176[/ATTACH]
              Dave,

That's a lot of heavy soot on your outer arch, are you overloading your chamber or is your flue inadequate?
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                Dave,

That's a lot of heavy soot on your outer arch, are you overloading your chamber or is your flue inadequate?
                That is the inner arch. The flue arch is not there yet no place else for the smoke to go. Just my observation.
                Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
                  I had the pleasure of visiting today, and it is a lovely oven. When you get the brick wrap and roof on it it will be outstanding. You are well on your way to Neapolitano pizza as well. This is your goal (all it takes is heat and slavish devotion to your dough (not my pizza, it is the Master, TXCraig's)):
                  Thanks for making a celebrity appearance and giving me some good advice Tom! I learned several things:
                  • every 3 or so pizzas, drag some coals over the floor
                  • put some flour on the peel to make the Pizza move better
                  • keep a good flame going, not only for the radiant heat but for LIGHT
                  • Occasionally(after coal drag) slap the floor w the peel to clear ash out
                  • What a "Jack arch" is

Here's one pic but several more from last night (including a couple w Tom) in my Picasa page (see below).
                  Woke up this AM with about 30 Facebook pics and notifications from friends that were there!

We had cooked 15 various Pizzas when things finally slowed down so I put my foil covered temp door on and then about 15 minutes later more people showed up! I removed the door, threw on a few hickory slats and still had enough dough left to cook 3 more! So,,,, 2 ended up being Cinammon/Sugar/Butter/Apple things which were great too!

from everyones comments and expression, this will be a great asset to us. We have alot of church friends and love to do outdoor entertainment. thanks for everybodys help here!
                  BTW, It's 400 degrees in there this AM

Serial# 000000001:

Name:	IMG_3244-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	341.5 KB
ID:	302481
                  Last edited by GarnerAC; 11-16-2013, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I see from your album you visited Pieous. Did you talk to Josh? He really has it going on out in Dripping. You should also go visit Steven at Bufalina on the East side, he is currently the king of Neapolitano in Central Texas, and a nice guy to boot.

Comment

Gudday GarnerAC
                      Sounds like your pizza night, has turned out better than you expected. It's seems everyone loves pizza out if one if these ovens and you always have the satisfaction of knowing that you built it yourself!
                      I've deleted that post before , sorry I realized I was rude to carry out a cross conversation over your own
                      Again congratulations!
                      Regards dave
                      Measure twice
                      Cut once
                      Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                      My Door
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
                        That is the inner arch. The flue arch is not there yet no place else for the smoke to go. Just my observation.
                        Ah, yes. I see now.
                        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                          Ah, yes. I see now.
                          That is OK, sometimes my wife says I have an incredible grasp on the obvious... But if it gets more complicated I am out of luck.
                          Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
                            I see from your album you visited Pieous. Did you talk to Josh? He really has it going on out in Dripping. You should also go visit Steven at Bufalina on the East side, he is currently the king of Neapolitano in Central Texas, and a nice guy to boot.
                            Yeah I saw him workin the dough busy-busy, i didnt bother him but watched their cook flow and they can really knock them out. Great business model! Their dough is very good but a little strange, lots of almost carbonized (black) bubbles with lighter more properly cooked areas between.
                            Never heard of Bufalina, will investigate.

Temp info so far:
                            Morning after Pizza- 490 degrees
                            24 hours after-400 "on the nose"
                            36 hours (This morning)- 370
                            40 hours later (this afternoon) 350 (cooked some stuffed Salmon)
                            Crazy heat retention but this thing is insulated to the hilt/

Name:	20131019_115826.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	839.4 KB
ID:	302506

Comment

He and Steven at Bufalina both make a sourdough, that is what gives it all those tiny spots, and that is exactly the look they are going for.

Comment

328 degrees 62 hours later! Yea Insulation!
                                Last edited by GarnerAC; 11-18-2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X