Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    I read through the outline as well as what it takes to become a "certified" VPN member and what restaurants in my area were VPN. Surprisingly, one of my fav. pizza places (other than my oven, LOL) was on the list. I was intrigue that VPN says they cook their pizzas in the 900 F range. I have never been successful at this high of temp range, Good luck and bring back and share what you learned.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    That looks interesting. You will have to let us know if it was a good time. I think that looks like a neat idea.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• GarnerAC
    replied
    Anyone done this VPN Training out in Los Angeles?
    http://americas.pizzanapoletana.org/training.php

Ive got some Frequent Flier Miles to burn and have booked the 3 day class in January. Hope its worth it!

Leave a comment:

• GarnerAC
    replied
    Re: 42" build in Central Texas

Hello people of the WFO world! I finally got some more work done on my back porch area and it finally stopped raining, yes thats us you've been seeing on the news. Fortunately I built on high ground. We havent fired up the oven in a couple weeks but Im anxious to see how the additional 3' of chimney will perform that we had to add to get past the new roof. Cheers!

Last edited by GarnerAC; 05-31-2015, 06:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bobmurphy
    replied

I've been to busy to spend much time here lately. So this is kinda delayed ,but I want to thank everyone for the sources for the light strings.

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied

I hadn't either Garner and I too, started mine one year ago tomorrow! I was explaining the oven to an employee yesterday and saw the dates on the pix. I started the firebricks on the oven itself early October and finished exactly one month later. We've been firing the oven every week or two since then. That's why until now there hadn't been much motivation to start work again on it lol.

Leave a comment:

• GarnerAC
    replied

Havent been on here a while. Some "interesting" builds going on for sure. It dawned on me that I started mine exactly 1 year ago this week.
    Havent used it as much as many of you do but have plans next week, I even have a culture brewing in the kitchen hoping it will boost my dough a tad.
    A few dead Live Oaks means I have an abundance of wood so I build a rustic wood shed out of our dreaded Mountain Cedar. Bugs dont like it and it lasts forever, this should provide me some dry wood (if it ever rains again) for the WFO and the BBQ Pit. It was a challenge building something out of a material that wasnt square or uniform but we had fun. Cost about $50

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140802_145253.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	604.6 KB
ID:	305508

Leave a comment:

• GarnerAC
    replied

Originally posted by bobmurphy View Post
    Garner, I have been planing on getting a string of lights like that. They are like the ones that I have seen Italy at outdoor cafes. Where did you find the materials to build your own? The few places that have ready made ones seem to want a lot of money for them.
    Lowes.
    It was really easy to make these and they have been very dependable so far. The Pieces went together very well. The benefit to making your own is that you can put the lights exactly where you want them and put as many as you want.

Name:	20140722_142334.jpg
Size:	544.8 KB
ID:	305411

Name:	20140722_142403.jpg
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	305412
    Last edited by GarnerAC; 07-22-2014, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied

Sorry, clicked too fast...at the partylights.com site, you can buy a custom length if the 48' is too long or short. For the bulbs, I ordered them from amazon: 2x Novelty Lights, Inc. 11-S14-CL Commerical Grade S14 Replacement Bulbs, E27 Medium Base, Clear, 11 Watt, 25 Pack
    Sold by Novelty Lights, Inc for 21.90

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied

Go to partylights.com That's where I ordered mine for the pavilion.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by bobmurphy View Post
    Garner, I have been planing on getting a string of lights like that. They are like the ones that I have seen Italy at outdoor cafes. Where did you find the materials to build your own? The few places that have ready made ones seem to want a lot of money for them.
    Here's a source for you for good prices on high quality light strings:

Mountain Top Light Strings Commercial Grade Heavy Duty Medium Base Light String 14AWG, w/Plug, 48 Ft. Long 24" Spacing with Suspensor - Light Strings Commercial - Budget Lighting Inc.

I ordered this string + bulbs. I found a coupon somewhere online and I think that the it was <$100 for a 48' string.

Leave a comment:

• bobmurphy
    replied
    Re: 42&quot; build in Central Texas

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Nice looking door it should work well.

Leave a comment:

• GarnerAC
    replied

One more of the oven facing side:

Name:	20140514_183430.jpg
Size:	770.5 KB
ID:	304377

Leave a comment:

• GarnerAC
    replied

Finally got my door! SS, 2" filled with CFB, pieces like a puzzle staggered to a snug fit. The SS doesn't necessarily fit the look I was going for but I wanted a quality piece that fit like a glove above all. It did, after some grinding on the handles. I used Nomex gasket material that Ive used on my Big Green Eggs. We'll see how that goes. Not using the oven much lately but will fire it next week.

Name:	20140501_145837 (1).jpg
Size:	902.8 KB
ID:	304371

Name:	20140514_182857.jpg
Size:	827.7 KB
ID:	304372

Name:	20140514_182835.jpg
Size:	449.4 KB
ID:	304373

Name:	20140507_185624.jpg
Size:	945.1 KB
ID:	304374

Name:	20140501_154205.jpg
Size:	867.5 KB
ID:	304375
    Last edited by GarnerAC; 05-15-2014, 05:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X