X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quick glance review

Originally posted by jengineer View Post
    I am not sure if the cost of bricks has been updated - last time I check you are quoting 2004 prices. Anyone have costing for:
    standard size clay brick
    standard size cement brick
    hollow block
    what you paid for a fire brick

Pg 31 states that there is a discourse of how to measure and cut your bricks into taper in the Appendix. I believe this was a mathematical piece and might have also made reference to a commercially available product. it didn't make it to the appendix - redact the sentance
    Hey Patrick,

I'm not sure we can really get very accurate with prices. Costs vary across the states, and vary widely around the world. I have tried to say that the costs we show are rough estimates, in dollars, to give you an idea of what to shop for.

I can go back and add the calculations for tapering bricks. Does it seem valuable to you?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: Pompeii Plans Ready for Download

Being a virtual builder now for well over a year and considering what my skills are I am interested in the concept of tapering to get a tight brick to brick fit. But that is just because I am an engineer and the math was real fun to go through. For all practicality, unless I am willing to go the DMUN route and use a minimal amount of "glue" I will not be tapering my bricks. One but to that, I will wedge the first course after the soldier course and obviously make the necessary keystone brick for each course.

Comment

I will cue them up for the next time we rev. the document. There's no harm showing the calculations (though they looked pretty scary to me).

Patrick, could you do me a favor. I just made a Poll (pretty cool) asking whether folks were interested more in having two cookbooks (pizza and everything else), or one big cookbook. Could have a look, and vote. It will get the poll results going. Thanks!
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

done and I got a morning chucle out of it. When I voted the majority of folks said one monster book. In fact it was not even close 100% saids one book. I voted, and unlike here at my job where i get to vote my 49% I evened things up. As I left it it was neck and neck split evenly down the sides. Of course only 2 of us had voted.

Not to highjack this thread but I said 2, as the nature of this forum is Pizza Ovens ala the Pompeii design. And then we tangent!

Comment

cant get these plans will not let me in
            link to my effort http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/7...art-20707.html

"95% reading this forum 5% building"

Comment

I like milestones -- I guess they give me a sense of progress. Anyway, we had our 100th download (excluding duplicates) of the Pompeii Oven e-Book today -- 11 days after we first published them. That's pretty cool. It give me a good feeling for the FB Wood-Fired Cookbook that should be ready next week (I've been working hard on Luis' photos). The Wood-Fired Bread e-Book is also doing very well. Thanks for that.

We are also coming up on our 1,500th Forum member and 10,000th posting, and FB.com is coming up on 1,000 pages, and our 5 million'th page view.

Stay tuned for the Wood-Fired Cookbook, and keep downloading the Pompeii e-Book.

James
              Last edited by james; 03-22-2007, 02:24 PM.
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Congrats, all the milestones you've listed are something you should be proud of, as the rest of us are. THANKS James

Comment

posted my 200th post today.

Comment

sounds fab, im off to find it

Comment

Hi James,
                      Thanks for all your help in the many department.
                      I was trying to download the .PDF construction instruction but after completing the operation, (new subscription, check out, payment (free), invoice and confirmation) I did not receive any email with the attachment. I repeat the operation twice but still nothing. Any suggestions?

Comment

Ciao Nicolo,
                        That's frustrating. Is it possible that the download instruction email is ending up in a Spam filter? I can see your orders, and they seem to be going through OK. Why don't you check to see if the download email is going somewhere, then send me an email at james@fornobravo.com and let me know if it worked. I can take care of this one way or another.
                        Saluti,
                        James
                        Pizza Ovens
                        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I had the my email mispelled in my settings and it took me a while to figure out why I was not recieving......

Christo
                          My oven progress -
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi James and all fellow members, I have just joined and this is my 1st posting. My interest, as yours, is oven building and cooking. My passion started 20 years ago when I saw the 1st oven being built. 4 years ago after settling in my new house I began to build my oven, 6 months later all complete. I have many photos and diagrams I would love to share with all,once I learn how to compress pics, any help would be appreciated. Of all the forums I,ve visted, this is the best so far, the information you all share together, including James, is wonderfull. I hope I can become the connection for all those downunder (Australia)

regards

Comment

I am getting ready to start a total redo of my backyard and want to incorporate a pompeii oven with my outdoor kitchen. i too am having a hard time getting the pdf from the store. I would certainly appreciate help! Look forward to posting pictures and securing alot of advice!! thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                                Have just been through the free process of buying/ordering the pompeii oven plans. I was able to download the plans from a link and everything worked smoothly and as it should.

Plans are great.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X