X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimkramer
    replied
    Re: size of the reveal

Right, forgot to mention I have also planned a 1/2" heat break all around the dome arch.

Leave a comment:

• NCMan
    replied
    Re: size of the reveal

Jim.....just a thought, but have you considered a heat break between your arches? The gap gets sealed up later, so you'd have no smoke escaping. As for the reveal, I plan to leave about 2 1/2" showing on mine, mainly for the reasons you mentioned.
    Last edited by NCMan; 07-27-2014, 06:10 PM. Reason: Text

Leave a comment:

• jimkramer
    started a topic size of the reveal

size of the reveal

Almost done with the dome, so I'm planning the reveal, and am hoping to get more comments than if I posted this on my thread. I had previously thought I'd leave a 1". But then I was thinking...if the reveal were as wide as possible (without leaving a gap between the dome arch and vent arch, so smoke wouldn't escape) then the door could be bigger, therefore providing more insulation to cover the arch bricks. I suppose if I wanted, I could make the door with 3" of insulation, so there would be less heat loss with the door on. I also figured a wider reveal would make it easier to maneuver into the oven at different angles. Does this all make sense?
Working...
X