No announcement yet.

Randy's dreams do come true oven build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Dan feel free to use any ideas you want. And also thanks for the complements. I used a lot of ideas from the others that went before me, and came up with a few of my own. If you have any questions just ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Randy

Comment

• I know it is not wfo related but I thought you guys would still understand what went in to this. I did a cake for my son's 2nd birthday. We had a dinosaur themed party and this is what I came up with for the cake. The bottom layer is a Styrofoam blank then the middle was chocolate cake filled with chocolate Bavarian cream. The top was white cake with a raspberry filling. I was a ltitle nervous as it has been a year since I have done a cake. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Randy

Comment

• Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
        I know it is not wfo related but I thought you guys would still understand what went in to this. I did a cake for my son's 2nd birthday. We had a dinosaur themed party and this is what I came up with for the cake. The bottom layer is a Styrofoam blank then the middle was chocolate cake filled with chocolate Bavarian cream. The top was white cake with a raspberry filling. I was a ltitle nervous as it has been a year since I have done a cake. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Randy
        Looks like your in the wrong profession. Great job.

Comment

• Bravo Randy!Looks perfect!
          Best wishes for your son!!

Comment

• Wow I can't beleave it has been a year and a half since my last post on my build. I guess I better hurry up and finish the last 1% of the project.

Randy

Comment

• Comment

• Ready you inspired me to build a pizza oven. I have read your entire thread. I doubt I can do as a good job as you did. I’m gonna try to build the same oven that’s gonna be 42 inches but will sit on 5 1/2 inches Of perlite cement with 4 inches of fiber board on top of that. I’m going to do 6 inches of fiber blanket around the dome and then 72 cf of perlite on top of the dome. I don’t know if anyone has went to this insulation extreme but I will let you know if it actually translates into better temps.

Comment

• RugerFan777 good luck with your build. It would be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes to go that far with the insulation. There is a law of diminishing returns and I am not sure where that is, it either you or I am getting close to it I think. We are currently looking for a new house so I will probably need that information here sooner or later.

Randy

Comment

• Well my adventures with this oven will be coming to a end here soon. We bought a new house and have now made it past the inspection period now so itis just a matter of time now. I think that we will probably build another at the new house but i may go with a prefabricated oven to save time. I am considering going with a FGM 950b to still have the bric look. But time will see.

Comment

• You moving out of the Maple Grove area? I looked up the FGM oven, a low dome style is see. With all the experience from the first oven, the second oven would be faster to build but understand the time commitment to build one of these monsters....LOL plus it is way too cold in your area to do anything right now.
                      Russell
                      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• No we are staying in Maple Grove just moving a mile and a half north of where we are at. I am going to have a fair bit of stuff i want to do so i don't want to over commit my self. I haven't looked in to all the benefits vs issues that a low dome will have. I have heard a number of very positive reviews over at Pizzamaking . Com. But that is not set in stone as i do like the full custom build of a Pompeii oven. For my next oven no matter what i think i am going to get a very low conductivity floor so i have less issues with burning the bottom before the top is done. I also kind of want to incorporate a Santa Maria style grill in to the outdoor kitchen as well next time. But all are up in the air. I am also starting up another old bad habit and starting over on my home theater system so i will need time to build all that stuff as i have a pair of 24" subwoofers as a base to start with so it should be a lot of fun and a cool place to hang out.

Comment

• Well if anyone is interested in buying a pizza oven mine is now for sale. It comes with a house that has been fully updated.

$279,500
                          MLS #: 5220406
                          BD: 2
                          BA: 2
                          SF: 2,067
                          YB: 1976

To view this home, visit the link below:
                          https://www.edinarealty.com/homes-fo...-55369-5220406

i can't possibly thank everyone here enough for all the help. When the next one happens i will be back again.

Randy

Comment

• Well the second oven will go that much faster.........

I just forwarded this to my step son to show him a oven he can buy of $279K and still live in Maple Grove area.
                            Russell
                            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Thanks Utah. I was thinking of you when i posted this. I would love for someone that would enjoy the oven to buy the house. I am sure it will go faster next time. I will have to decide what i want for the next one. The biggest want is a low conductivity floor so i can cook at higher temperatures without burning the bottom. I also want to do a built in santa Santa Maria grill next to the oven.

Comment

• It was on the market for 1 day and we got a full price offer. I hope the new owners take good care of the house and oven and enjoy it as much as we did. Thanks to all for all the tips help and wisdom, i could not have done this without you all. I will be back for version 2.0 at some point in the future. Lots to decide low dome or standard Pompeii and what size. I am pretty sure i want to do a saputo floor for high temp cooking and more mass for retained heat. I guess we shall see what the future brings

Randy

Comment

Working...
                                X