No announcement yet.

Randy's dreams do come true oven build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet. good for you...Im sure your next one will have many changes in it...the Sata Maria grill i agree is a must..im still kicking myself for not putting one in when i had tje chance. maybe one day ill take another part of the yard..lol you never know....

Ricky
    My Build Pictures
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

• We officially closed the sale on our house today and the new owners took possession. I got the chance to meet them and they were very nice and seemed very excited to try the oven out. That makes me very happy to know that the house and oven went to someone that will love it the way we did. I referred them here to the forum and offered to help teach the how to use the oven. I wish them all the best and many years of entertaining and enjoying with the home and oven. I put lots love and pride in to the house and it was hard to walk away. I can't wait to see what they come up with in the oven. All the best to them.

Comment

• Well for you my friend it's the end of a chapter and the start of another. Good Luck with everything.
        My Build Pictures

Comment

• Thanks there my friend. You are correct on that one. We broke ground yesterday on the addition to the new house.. then of course i am now getting sent twice as far away for work for a few weeks to do a rush job and don't know if db i will get the man power i need . But it shall pass and then i will start in on the projects i want to at home.

Comment

• It is in times like these that i truly miss my oven. If i was to be stuck at home for weeks at a time at least I could have spent a day here and there making pizza. I hope i can get around to making another some time soon. I miss spending the day making dough preparing the sauce and toppings, and tending the fire. It is a fun way to spend the day.

Comment

• Yes I agree I haven't had my oven that long but I would not want to be without one since I experienced using one. It is fun and relaxing and I enjoy making pizza for friends and family. I'm sure you will get on the oven build again very soon. You should at least start the base its not that costly and then at least your ready to build a brick oven on top or buy a cast oven. I know though if you build the base you won't stop lol. You could try and cast one yourself using castable concrete. I found a company by me that sold castable for a descent price. I actually was thinking of trying to cast one just to see if I could make one. I would give it to a friend of mine if I did. Who knows once I'm done with this one maybe I will do it.

Ricky
              My Build Pictures

Comment

• Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
                Re: Randy's dreams do come true oven build

That is what I am planning to do. I think I saw that on your build. It is hard to see in the picture but I did leave a gap but I am planning to put the cardboard in when I do the final product. Thanks for the advice and help.

Randy
                Just wondering what the gaps is for? Thanks, Davy

Comment

• Davy, I'm assuming you're asking about posts 37-39 on this thread. The cardboard shim goes in the gap between the cooking floor brick outer perimeter and the dome base bricks. When the cooking floor is heated during firing, it does expand a little. The gap allows for that expansion. The cardboard burns out right away during the curing fires and is not large enough to be a problem (no pizza will drop into the gap ). The gap normally does fill up with ash over time and is never a problem. Hope that helps your understanding...also in the future if you refer to a post that is early in a thread, add the post number(s) so others can easily find the context of your question.
                  Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
                  Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
                  Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
                  Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Yes i used cardboard as a spacer around the edge for a expansion joint. I also used 2 layers of cardboard for a spacer for my heat break between the dome and flu arch. I hope that helps.

Comment

• I can't believe it has been almost 5 years now since i sold our house and I have not had a oven. I have been missing my oven here lately and i am once again looking at building a new one. I have a few new ideas and now just have to figure out how to get them past the finance and planning committee (My wife). I am finally working closer to home for a while so this would be a prime time to do it.

I am thinking i want to build a pavilion to cover the oven this time so i will not have issues if it is raining or snowing. It also will make for a nice hang out spot. This is where my wife says it is just to big,but i am hoping to convince her this is a good idea.

If i am successful the new build will be called The Treehouse pizzaria. This is due to the fact i built my son a Treehouse right next to where i want to build the oven. Wish me luck as if i start this i would like to hammer it out by mid summer.

Randy

Comment

• Welcome back, long time. Looking forward to seeing WFO #2. Still have family in White Bear so next time I am there I will have to check the new build out.
                        Russell
                        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Do it, man!!! I’ll drive up and help with the convincing! You helped me so much staying focused, let me know if you need any help. I’d love to meet up.
                          Chris

My Build - https://community.fornobravo.com/for...d-in-minnesota
                          My Album - https://photos.app.goo.gl/KsnadqNYJqHMYxme7

Comment

• UtahBeehiver I would love to have you over sometime once this is done. I was a bit bummed that didn't work out before we moved.

MnDude45 I will definitely let you know if i need help with anything. I would also love to see your oven sometime. I am still in Maple Grove over by the Elm Creek park reserve.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                            X