Acoma 42" Tuscan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Acoma 42" Tuscan

That's a great looking oven. Congratulations on a job well done.

One question- what's the manufacturer or supplier for the insblock? If I knew that I might be able to ask for it from local suppliers without them looking at me like I'm nuts. So far they've tried to sell me rmax, sound insulating drywall material and styrofoam. I can see the mess now...
    Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Insblock19 is a product of the big refractory outfit Harbison-Walker and they have distributors all over the country. That said, I bought my insblock 19 from a local dealer for less than half what H-W was charging, and had had friendly, well informed service to boot.

Kraemer Gunite Innovation & Performance Since 1974
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

great looking pictures Acoma :-)

Comment

Thank you sooo much Dmun! There's a distributor about 45 minutes away from me! Yippeeeeee!
          Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Originally posted by asudavew View Post
            Hey Michael,

I'm in San Angelo. I found bricks at ACME for $1.11 each. Do you have an ACME nearby?
            I think I am only 6 hours away... but not sure you would save money by driving to San Angelo. Dang gas prices.
            But you might want to do some more checking....if you haven't already checked everywhere.

Dave
            Thanks for pointing this out. I also called Lubbock @1.00 and Midland @ 1.29. With this information, I was able to badger my local ACME into ordering a pallet for me. They are even going to deliver the pallet to my house next week at no extra charge. My new price (down from 3.80 or so) is 1.19 each. So I guess I am all in now. I have to hurry up and finish before the 100 degree days get here. Thanks again Dave!

-Mike

Comment

Robert,
              looking at your pictures on Picasa I saw that your arch is actually supporting part of the dome as well, you hanged up some bricks on it, which is what I'd like to accomplish as well. Was this a calculated technic? How tall is your door arch? thansk Carlo
              Ciao Carlo

Cost spreadsheet updated 4/22/08

Pictures updated 5/28/08

Comment

Carlo, I had no real technique. I merely went with the continued distance from center that could be accomplished. I messed up with not using a dome template for distance, so I had courses 4-8 paying the price. The thread talks about it. As for connection to the dome, I felt that I woul rather like to see the brick connected with as much mass as possible. You see that with the 7th course of #342 of this thread. I could have shaved the brick to have it only hitting the inner face of the arch, but thought it might be better to have the weight pressing down, so I created the shape of the brick to connect wherever possible. Hope that answers your inquiry.

As for the door, my entry has a peak of 12" with sides of 9.5". I winged this as well because of my arch template not panning out as needed. Most all of arch was freehand, one brick per side per day (not fun). I have the face of the arch flared, which was an original design by Jim (JCG31).
                An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Working...
                X