X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoma
    replied
    Re: Acoma 42" Tuscan

Dave, you bought Type J not K. Not sure the negitives to J, just hearing everyone say Type K.

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
    I need some of you thermocouple experts to tell me if this ebay thermocouple is good or not for the oven.
    Long one:

Thermocouple (2) K 3/16"x6" w/8ft. lead - (eBay item 290187161679 end time Dec-02-07 12:40:08 PST)
    I hope so Acoma... because I bought these.

THERMOCOUPLE-1/4"X4"LONG PROBE TYPE J-BRAND NEW - (eBay item 330194375906 end time Dec-07-07 07:05:34 PST)

and this as a monitor

SUPCO DUAL PROBE DIGITAL THERMOMETER PT200 (SUPERHEAT) - (eBay item 140182174827 end time Nov-28-07 18:08:25 PST)

I'll let you know how well it all works.

I'm glad you got your bricks.

Post some pics of em.
    I would like to see em.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Thanks Kemo. Hearth still curing well. I had 220 feet of 3/8in. rebarb. Lets say it will be very strong.
    I picked up 150 bricks at .30 each. 50% being excellant condition, 25% being very good, and 25% being so-so. It will take some time and practice getting all cleaned up and ready. I will be picking up another 150 in about a month.
    I need some of you thermocouple experts to tell me if this ebay thermocouple is good or not for the oven.
    Long one:

Thermocouple (2) K 3/16"x6" w/8ft. lead - (eBay item 290187161679 end time Dec-02-07 12:40:08 PST)

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

That stand looks really good. Nice, clean work. I'm looking forward to more updates.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Jim (JCG31), shot you an email, tell me what you think.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

George, I am buying bricks tomorrow, just got the Refmix today, and should see the SuperIsol any day. I will not set up the area for efficiency. I will need to grid the hearth, and line the area for bricks, insulation. Once done, it is vertical (slow, steady, and minimal mistakes). My hearth is curing well.

Leave a comment:

• gjbingham
    replied

Good to hear. Time to start putting down some brick, huh?
    I recommend taking a bucket of warm water out with you if you're working in the AM. Soak your hands and bricks in it to stay semi-warm.
    G.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

George, it is staying north of us. No snow forcasted for at least the next week. Days in the 40's, nights in the 20's.

Leave a comment:

• gjbingham
    replied

Hows the weather holding up? We had a ton of rain in the past couple of days. Should be coming your way, probably as snow.
    George

Leave a comment:

• sarah h
    replied

Your stand looks great! Won't be long now for that dome ...

Sarah

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Thanks Ken, that was the area I stressed most on. I was scared it would detach, but all is curing well.

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
    ...I have decided to remove forms after a few checks and persoal curing satisfaction.
    Lookin' Good! Love the cantilever

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Congrats Robert! Lookin good.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Well, I am still attempting to figure out how to attach thumbnails. Meanwhile, I have decided to remove forms after a few checks and persoal curing satisfaction. Tarps go on at night still. I have a Halogen lamp underneath to help with process. I have ordered my Refmix, Insulation board, and hopefully this weekend, will pick up bricks?

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Dusty, just emailed you. Thanks for the information.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X