Ryan's 42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan's 42

Well, I finished my dome and the next day it snowed. Here are a few photos before the dome was finished. I have included some photos with the tarp so you can get an idea of the oven. It was to snow only and inch and melt by Wed. Here we are going on Friday and the temp is 20 degrees and the grass has 3 inches still.

Gotta Love Colorado!

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Re: Ryan's 42

Congratulations on finishing your dome !

Your pics look great - well, except for that last one . I'm dealing with the white stuff too.

Do you have a way to heat the dome till the temps rise (or the oven is cured)?

Sarah

Comment

Ryan,
        Looks just like my oven, only with blue tarp instead of green. What a pain covering and uncovering all the time, huh? Nice work. Do you have a pic of the final keystone?
        George
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Ryan, when will you be removing the boards from under the oven (storage area)?
          An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

I will take the boards out next week. I just had a conctete patio poured, hence the black tarps everywhere. They formed up areas around the oven as well. The weather is suppossed to be nice this coming week.

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Ryan's 42

It was warmer today so I was able to pour the vent. My garage is warm and insulated well so the vent will be able to cure for the next few days. I used Econolite and added stainless steel needles for strength and to prevent cracking.

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Looks nice Ryan,
                Make sure to keep it moist so it doesn't crack as it cures.
                George
                GJBingham

-

Comment

Maybe a humidifier and a closet?

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Ryan's 42

Well... My vent cracked. I cured it in the oven though and I think I will mortar it together with some of the heatstop 50 that I have. The vent has been the most challenging thing for me right now. I tried to find a pre-fabricated metal vent online but no dice. There has been a lot of snow on the ground these past 2 weeks and I am beggining to think I may be done for the winter as the temp has been in the teens lately. Those of you in warmer climate; enjoy your weather!

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Hope that works for your vent Ryan. If nothing else, you can surround it in mortar and lock it in place.
                      G.
                      GJBingham

-

Comment

I have decided to do a brick vent. Drake, you were right, the econolite is too light weight. The vent broke when i put it up and started to add the chimney anchor plate. On a really good note... My HOA approved my oven and they even asked to come over for pizza! This was not expected. Here are some photos of the oven in the day. If the weather stays nice I will finish the vent, attach the anchor plate, chimney, and rain cap this week. Then i will start curing the oven before I add the insulating blanket and the start the finish work.

Comment

Ryan's 42

I finished the vent/Chimney and have the anchor plate for the Chimney Pipe attached.I will start the first fire tomorrow. The weather is finally good and I am excited to get this oven finished. Here are some photos.

Ryan

Comment

Ryan, it appears that your oven foundation is level with the surrounding area. Does the entry slope away? Curious since rain and snow can drench the wood you store inside, with no exit for water. Has that already been thought through?

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Looks good!

I'll bet you're glad to have the vent finished, huh? I've been reading your back posts and it strikes me you've been very patient, waiting for the weather to let you finish it...

So, onwards to the fire pics!!
                              "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Here's to good weather in Colorado! I ordered half a cord of wood!

Looking great Ryan!

Drake
                                My Oven Thread:
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Working...
                                X