Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dusty's Door

Originally posted by Ken524 View Post
    Perfect! It's simple and should work great.
    Nice job.
    Thanks Ken. I kinda figured that you wouldn't mind me pretty much copying yours. ( I should have asked first)

Everything going OK over there in KY?

Stay dry and keep the fam. safe.

dusty

Comment

If you guys started the tape before the door plate (or unbolted it to tape it Dusty) you could hide the tape on the door side and back so it would not detract from the door when in place. Designing the plate slightly larger that the insulation and backing (just more than the thickness of the tape ) might also serve to protect it as it was put in and out.

...just thinking. I'm going to have to make an insulated door now.
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Originally posted by dusty View Post
        Thanks Ken. I kinda figured that you wouldn't mind me pretty much copying yours. ( I should have asked first)
        Nahh... no asking necessary. I posted it so it could be copied (or better yet, improved upon).

Everything going OK over there in KY?
        Yep. Spring is just about here. I was able to get out to the workshop and start cleaning up the messes created over the winter. I hope to be back to work on the oven really soon. Possibly tomorrow afternoon!

Keep up the good work on your oven!
        Ken H. - Kentucky
        42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
        Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Originally posted by Xabia Jim View Post
          If you guys started the tape before the door plate (or unbolted it to tape it Dusty) you could hide the tape on the door side and back so it would not detract from the door when in place. Designing the plate slightly larger that the insulation and backing (just more than the thickness of the tape ) might also serve to protect it as it was put in and out.
          Good call. I will unbolt it, tuck the tape in behind the steel and the backer board, and re bolt it together. I think I will weld a piece of steel across the bottom as the tape will surely wear out from sliding across the brick floor.

dusty

Comment

Originally posted by Ken524 View Post
            Just this morning, I was thinking about this and came up with the aluminum flashing idea as well. I have a roll in my garage and will try it on my door in the next few weeks when monsoon season is over.
            That should work great. I plan to start with the tape 'cause it's easy and I'm into easy.
            I'll keep you posted.

dusty

Comment

Working...
            X