No announcement yet.

39 inch Corner Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof is holding up well, at least no leaks . The wind certainly pointed out the need for getting my walls upthough, but still haven't settled on the final dome finish, which I wanted to complete before I block off access.
    I'll post on how well the gasket works, but holding in all the hot air and not bleeding BTU's off the inner arch via direct contact with the door outer face has to be an improvement.
    My build thread
    http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...h-corner-build

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
      I used Uni-Extreme made by McGill Airseal it is good to 2400 F and environmentally friendly. I is NOT silicon based and sets up firm. Used it to seal in my CF rope on my arch heat break. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n383234[/ATTACH]
      No need to have any flex in it?

Comment

• The main purpose of the sealant for me was just to seal the ceramic rope from exposure. It is on the outside of the dome and cover with other material so is it needed in my case, probably not. So other builders have used other materials but I do not know if there is flex to these products or not. It also depends of the type of heat break you use and temperature exposure.
        Russell
        Build Link............... Picassa Photo Album Link

Comment

• The product I used was 3M fire=block sealant FB 136. It was supposed to be good up to 2000 degrees, but the way I designed my arch I probably could have used homebrew. My rope sits on my inner arch and the vent arch kind of wraps around it so I probably didn't need anything. I sealed it on the "outside" but if I got a piece of wire up along my heat break I could probably touch my rope from the inside of my arch. If it does crack It won't matter.
          My build thread
          http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...h-corner-build

Comment

• For my heat break I used something I beleave was called Fiberex. I think it was rated to 2700F. I think most any of these should work though.

Randy

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
              I used Uni-Extreme made by McGill Airseal it is good to 2400 F and environmentally friendly. I is NOT silicon based and sets up firm. Used it to seal in my CF rope on my arch heat break. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n383234[/ATTACH]
              I've found something flexible resistant to 1000°C, a product from Förch.Think I am going to use it between the inner and outer arch.
              Greetings
              Last edited by patjer1; 08-03-2017, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X