Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRPizza
    replied
    Here is my layout - I thought I would be able to nail down the location of the chimney so I could locate my rafters, but I realized how little I had figured out about building an oven. We build our shelter/structure but had to leave the roof rafters loose till I have the vent location nailed down. Now to decide how big of an oven to build. Lots of time reading posts on this forum, then started doing some more detailed layouts.

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    started a topic 39 inch Corner Build

39 inch Corner Build

I've been working on my oven for a little while and have been debating starting a build thread, as I probably won't have much to add in terms of artistry or inventiveness over the excellent work already posted on this forum. That said, I thought I would share what I have done and hopefully continue to get support from the great folks that have been helping me so far and others that might chime in. I have used CAD for my initial layouts that some may find interesting.
    I'll start with some pictures to show progress to date. First picture is the patio where the oven will be located. My Wife and I stained it ourselves and were pretty happy with the way it came out. Note we had supports sunk in the concrete for the uprights needed for the shelter we wanted to build. We weren't totally sure how big a structure we wanted or how the oven might look so I made a layout using Freecad.
Working...
X