Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KiwiPete
    replied
    I'm now getting near the end, and for a better fit, have started cutting my bricks in half and also cut them in a (sorta) trapezoid shape. (some of them more trapezoid than others, depending on what made for the best fit.)
    here are some pictures of that row:

Leave a comment:

• KiwiPete
    replied
    Time for another update (and pics) of my oven.

The cat has taken a particular liking of the oven. The other day I had it covered (in case of rain) and when I came outside, I found this:

Have started doing some more courses of bricks:

Leave a comment:

• aikitarik
    replied
    I agree with Paul. The initial arch tie-in to the dome was more difficult than the actual vent by far. I went with the arch approach with no regrets, but I love what you've done with yours. Beautiful oven!

Leave a comment:

• paulages
    replied
    nice work! by the way, the vent was the easy part with the arch. it was making the cuts to tie it into the dome that was hard.

Leave a comment:

• KiwiPete
    replied
    Here is the manifold in place, from a few different angles.

Also managed to a few more courses of bricks in place!!

Next I'll be looking to cast the actual vent part.

Front View:

Top View:

Side View:

Leave a comment:

• KiwiPete
    replied
    Then I made up a mold to cast the refractory concrete in, with a bit of reinforcing iron for additional strength:

Leave a comment:

• KiwiPete
    replied
    I first made up a template out of a bit of cardboard to make sure my measurements were OK.

Went inside for a while, and when I came back, found this:

Typical bl**dy cat!!!

Leave a comment:

• KiwiPete
    started a topic Kiwi pete'soven

Kiwi pete'soven

Continued from my previous postings Brick Oven photos forum. if you want to see those, go to http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...-oven-302.html

Originally, I was going to incorporate an archway into the opening of the oven, similar to what paulages has done. I did a mockup of it as you can see in the picture.

I could sorta figure that out, but how to do the vent was giving me a hell of a headache, so I decided to change tack:

Decided to do a refractory manifold and vent, similar to what Forno Bravo sells with the Casa oven:
    Last edited by KiwiPete; 03-11-2007, 04:46 PM.
Working...
X