• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egalecki
    replied
    Re: Elizabeth's oven

Originally posted by Les View Post
    Elizabeth,

Looks good. Just a heads up, if you are going to finish the island with brick - make sure that the runs are an even mutiple. I ended up cutting a little bit off of a hundred bricks for one of my runs

Les...
    Oh wow. What a pain. I was planning on using the cultured stone to finish- I may just do stucco in the meantime. But thanks for the warning.

Leave a comment:

• dbhansen
    replied

Originally posted by egalecki View Post
    I baked something today- a new recipe.
    Looks delicious! Is it sourdough?

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Elizabeth,

Looks good. Just a heads up, if you are going to finish the island with brick - make sure that the runs are an even mutiple. I ended up cutting a little bit off of a hundred bricks for one of my runs

Les...

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    started a topic Elizabeth's oven

Elizabeth's oven

Ok. I think I have planned this out enough now- I had to go back to the drawing board a couple of times when I got into more of my husband's yard than he was happy with

If it ever stops raining, (not that I'm really complaining, since we've been too dry) I'm digging up the space next to the garden in the first picture. The "oven complex" is going to be L shaped, with counter to the left, the oven in the corner, on an angle, and an area for the gas grill to the right. (I am hoping the grill will not be used much after the oven is built- I have my eye on a tuscan grill!) I second picture is my poor man's CAD version of what it should look like. I'm planning on leaving the oven an igloo, with sort of straight sides and a crown on top, so I can put some mosaic tile banding on it. I want to play with concrete for the counter part, but that will come later. I am building in installments, beginning with the slab and the oven. Easier on the budget that way.

I have most of my bricks, as you can see, and I got a saw to cut them with- I have an expensive bridge saw, which I can't use on this project due to the depth of cut needed, so I went with a circular-style wet/dry saw, which won't cut quite through, but I can break them the rest of the way or flip them and cut from both sides. It makes more sense for me to add this tool, since I do a fair amount of tile anyway.

So now all I have to do is dig. I can start tomorrow, weather permitting!

In the meantime, I baked something today- a new recipe. I can't wait to bake in my wfo!
Working...
X