X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAVANO
    replied
    Re: Elizabeth's oven

Ciao Dario mi dici perche vuoi mettere il ferro dentro i blocks ? credo che non e necessario perche quando installi il piso li metti il ferro e infilarli il ferro dentro i blocks e riempire i buci di cemento e il piso e i muri diventa uno mi capisci?

Leave a comment:

• mstang1988
    replied

Great to see the progress! I'm ready to see it completed!

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

Dario- in most construction, like houses, the blocks would have mortar between them and in between the courses. The might have rebar in them as well, but that depends on where you live. Here in Virginia, we put rebar in the concrete foundations, but not usually the block wall.

The oven stand is much smaller, and it has the hearth slab tying the top together, so putting concrete and rebar in the cores is fine. But I would never build a house that way!

Leave a comment:

• Gryso
    replied

Originally posted by exceloven View Post
    You guys crack me up......I understood TWO words...Forno Bravo!

Mark
    Oh Mark, I don't wont to make damage to yourself......

Ciao

dario

Leave a comment:

• Gryso
    replied

Originally posted by egalecki View Post

My reading comprehension is far better than my ability to speak or write in Italian.
    Ah ah ah....I am sure.

Ciao

Dario

Leave a comment:

• Gryso
    replied

Originally posted by egalecki View Post
    Gryso-

Io l'asciuga-accatastare i blocchi, ma hanno il rebar ed il cemento in tutti i fori nei centri. Il Forno Bravo i progetti di forno di Pompeii la dicono lei lo pu? fare questa maniera.

Non parlo il molto buono italiano, uso un che il tradurndo programma. Spero che questo fa il senso!
    Very nice yor translate Elizabeth

Yes, we use to put rebar from block to block in every case.

Here I have see that you often use to put rebar in the block's holes at the opposite angle of the basament and often in the last block's holes course.

For italian peple like me, is strange method to build because the connection from block to block is a must....but we don't put iron from construction in the block falls, but is'nt a bad idea, the hearthquake don't advise , but I hope dont happen the "Big One" in Italy is not in calendar

Ciao

Dario

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

Hey, I spent money on those Italian CD's! I know all my food words and I can ask for the bathroom. Well, that and several other things...
    Seriously, though, I could tell what he was asking about, I just didn't know how to answer him by myself.... I sure hope the translator was right!

My reading comprehension is far better than my ability to speak or write in Italian.

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

As a polyglott and linguist (a cunning one moreover) I of course understood every word...

erm, something about the lift being blocked by maltese artchokes, right?

Leave a comment:

• exceloven
    replied

You guys crack me up......I understood TWO words...Forno Bravo!

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Originally posted by RTflorida View Post
    Either Elizabeth spelled out our plight or they are sharing sauce/dough recipes...not sure which.
    That.... Is very funny!

Les...

Leave a comment:

• RTflorida
    replied

Just guessing myself, I only recognized 8 or 10 words. Either Elizabeth spelled out our plight or they are sharing sauce/dough recipes...not sure which.

RT

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Originally posted by RTflorida View Post
    Elizabeth explained exactly your thoughts
    I had no clue - but I was more succinct.

Leave a comment:

• RTflorida
    replied

Les, if my twisted, broken, Italian to English language converter (feeble mind) serves me correctly - Elizabeth explained exactly your thoughts to Gryso on behalf of the whole forum. Sounds like you too failed the "Italian For Dummies" course.

RT

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Non capisco

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

Gryso-

Io l'asciuga-accatastare i blocchi, ma hanno il rebar ed il cemento in tutti i fori nei centri. Il Forno Bravo i progetti di forno di Pompeii la dicono lei lo pu? fare questa maniera.

Non parlo il molto buono italiano, uso un che il tradurndo programma. Spero che questo fa il senso!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X