X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christo
    replied
    Re: Elizabeth's oven

I'd start with an itty bitty fire to warm it up slowly. For fresh pizza, I'd have to risk firing it up!!!!

Christo

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

Yeah, staying warm will be the problem for the next few days- it's forecast to have lows in the teens. In November. In Virginia. Mountains be darned, they aren't that big anyway! This is all wrong!

And I'm supposed to go to a football game Saturday night, too. I guess the cold weather gear I wear to the barn will have to go in the wash so I don't stink up the stadium... (but I might get a little more elbow room that way!)

Will it hurt the oven to use it while it's this cold?

Leave a comment:

• Bandrasco
    replied

I was just complaining about the temps here in Tampa right now; it's a balmy 37 degrees ...Then I see what you are experiencing and felt kind of silly. I don't care what anyone says, snow sucks unless you can actually get out and enjoy it.

Good news is that it will melt!

Stay warm.

Leave a comment:

• sarah h
    replied

Elizabeth, you have my sympathies.
    We had a freak dump of snow too, a few weeks ago ... but it melted!
    Then we got a very light dusting today and we'll likely see more in the next week.
    I had wanted to finish my stand but I'm on hold too - darn!

Sarah

Leave a comment:

• nodoubt68
    replied

Oh how beautiful Elizabeth !! But your picture did give me a cold shiver...lol...looks really cold.Time to pack up and move inside :-)

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Bummer!

Les...

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

This is what greeted us this morning. I don't think we've had snow this early in 20 years.

So, I guess I really am finished for this year!

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

Thank you very much. I'm very pleased with how it's looking- Frances says that it'll not be quite so shiny white after a while, which will be good.

I really need to get the rest of the tile down tomorrow or I suspect I'll have run out of time. The weather's a changin' again!

Leave a comment:

• peterlyn
    replied

Elizabeth, YOU ROCK! What a fabulous WFO (or is that UFO?!). I've been admiring your progress and grit - what a great testament to shear determination! You're an inspiration, girl! Please keep following-up....maybe with food?
    Karen
    Last edited by peterlyn; 11-04-2008, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bbell
    replied

Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

My arm exercises are the same way, and I've only just started with it. I do the sort of yoga style exercises for my back too. I'm trying to get in a routine of doing them at a set time in the day so I don't forget. Only question is, morning (Not my best time of the day without coffee) or evening (when it's really easy to be too tired to mess with it)?

It's going to take the same mindset I had to develop when I decided I didn't want to weigh nearly as much as my husband... and he's 8 inches taller than I am.

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Sounds like a good plan to give your back time to heal over Winter...

I have to do PT for my back, too. Another of those things where you're lying in bed going "oh dratt, I forgot to do my back exercises AGAIN..."

The oven looks great! Its really come together with that last coat, gives it a very finished look. Lovely!

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

Just be careful with the back muscles! All the bending over is kinda hard on them. Stand up and stretch regularly- I fought my back all summer from being too pigheaded to stop working. "I'm almost finished with (this course, the dome, the stand...) .

I've apparently NEVER used my shoulders and arms the right way- it's just catching up to me now that I've been doing more work like this and with the nail guns, etc. at work. Dead weight at the end of the arm is bad if you don't lift it right. Imagine.

Leave a comment:

• Bandrasco
    replied

Very nice job Elizabeth!

I love the tiles; very trendy you know.

The muscles have a way to forget how they used to work huh? Lol, I know mine are screaming for mercy.

Again, super job!

Bill

Leave a comment:

• mfiore
    replied

Looks great! I love the mosaic. Good luck with the PT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X